Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument Cluster Problems

LightningMk6

My wife's Fiesta 1.4 Climate 56 plate has developed a few warnings as follows:

ABS warning

Parking Brake warning

Engine warning

All the display lines showed just -------

The car drives perfectly well, so wondering if anyone else had this problem and what was the cause of it?

Today however the parking brake warning clears OK when handbrake released but the ABS and Engine warning are still lit up when engine started. The display lines have been re-instated and are normal now too.

Could it be damp or corrosion at the instrument cluster plugs causing this?

Any help would be welcome, thanks

My wife's Fiesta 1.4 Climate 56 plate has developed a few warnings as follows:

ABS warning

Parking Brake warning

Engine warning

All the display lines showed just -------

The car drives perfectly well, so wondering if anyone else had this problem and what was the cause of it?

Today however the parking brake warning clears OK when handbrake released but the ABS and Engine warning are still lit up when engine started. The display lines have been re-instated and are normal now too.

Could it be damp or corrosion at the instrument cluster plugs causing this?

Any help would be welcome, thanks

Car went into garage today, computer check says ABS module faulty and at over £300 seems a bit pricey, but if that's what it is then will have to bite the bullet.

I thought someone else might have had this problem, but no one seems to so far on the forum. Will keep you posted as ABS module on order and due to be fitted next week. Funny thing is now that the car is back home, all the warning lights are working fine !!!!!!!!!

Car went into garage today, computer check says ABS module faulty and at over £300 seems a bit pricey, but if that's what it is then will have to bite the bullet.

I thought someone else might have had this problem, but no one seems to so far on the forum. Will keep you posted as ABS module on order and due to be fitted next week. Funny thing is now that the car is back home, all the warning lights are working fine !!!!!!!!!

Had the ABS module replaced today, then brakes had to be bled etc. outcome all instrument panel lights as normal, problem cured at £499 including labour, bit hefty, but hey it had to be fixed.

Had the ABS module replaced today, then brakes had to be bled etc. outcome all instrument panel lights as normal, problem cured at £499 including labour, bit hefty, but hey it had to be fixed.

£500 oh lordy id have traded it with the fault and declared nothing. i had a recurring problem with my 57plate zetec climate whereby the warning lights would come on and the speedo and rev counter would die but car drove normally. sometimes it took a number of attempts to start it in the mornings. having been in to the garage 3 times to have ecu updates and a new cluster fitted (under warranty) it still wasn't fixed so i got rid and traded it for a mk7. lol

ABS light came on in my van after it had been sittin for a few days, just got it onto a empty bit of road caned it to 70 and slammed the brakes on. it's never come back on :rolleyes::lol:

I'm just hoping that this was a one off, or else it will get traded in for something reliable. The thing is the car goes like a dream, very nippy too, so loathe to get rid. Time will tell

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club