Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 125hp P006A

prmini

Hi All

I have a fiesta ecoboost 125hp giving the fault code P006A "MAP- Mass or volume air flow correlation"
(using forscan) Attached a pdf showing the log

Car is down on power and after a couple of minutes of driving the spanner will appear and i can read the above fault code with forscan from the PCM.

Luckily we have 2 fiestas with the same engine in the household so i swapped the Maf & map on both cars and the problem still persists.

Ive checked the intercooler hoses and they all seem tight.

any ideas would be appreciated

Untitled.pdf

According to a quick google search :-

The most common causes for a P006A are:

• Aftermarket air intake systems
  • Dirty MAF or MAP sensor
  • Faulty MAF or MAP sensor
  • Faulty engine computer

Not sure if that's of any help

• Thanks 1

MAF most likely needs a clean. Can happen because people like to fit so called "performance air filters". Which is another way of saying a less fine filter, therefore letting more dirt into the engine and clogging stuff up.

• Thanks 1

Hi 

Thanks for your replies.

Car has had the factory intake system from new.

I've swapped both the maf and map between the 2 ecoboost fiestas we have (same part numbers ) and had no luck.

Hope it's not the ecu, I think I'm going to check the integrity of all the vacuum and boost hoses next 

remove the recirc valve and inspect the diaphram for splits

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Ian ill give that a go as well.

Do you know if the 110hp and 125hp recirc valves are interchangeable?

Paul

I would have thought so. But just remove the suspect one and visually check unless you have a vacuum pump and guage. Then you can check it in situ.

• Thanks 1

perfect thanks, im off on tuesday so ill give it a go and report back.

It's worth a look, I've replaced 2 that were split but can't remember the symptoms or codes that showed up.

• Thanks 1

So today i said id tackle this job.

Removed the turbo recirc valve (looked fine)

Removed all intake pipes and they are were fine

Removed and inspected the intercooler (fine)

Just as i was about to give up hope and book it into ford i found this (see attached) 

Its the hard plastic pipe that comes out of the turbo and has a 90 degree bend.

I assume this is the issue, im waiting for the wife to get home to swap the parts over.

IMG_20171121_140522.jpg

Part number is 1868114 and its only sold with the lower intercooler hose. €101 plus vat from ford. there are stainless steel ones available to eBay for £50 ish.

I'd go for an alloy one. It's a high pressure area and the alloy ones apparently have less pressure drop (and won't spilt like yours has). Mountune version is warranty friendly. 

• Like 1

swapped it with the piece from the other fiesta and its solved the issue. so once the stainless one arrives its problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys , hopefully this benefits another member with there fault finding at some point.!

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, so sorry to revive it, but id just like to say thanks to the OP, this thread saved me a lot of headache when one morning I got the same engine management light, just all of a sudden, I took my car to my mechanic who read the codes and low and behold.......it was the same error code, so with a bit of googling, I found this thread, anyway, rather than mess about with sensors, me and my mechanic thought we would start easy, there is only one jublee clip holding this part on along with 2 x 10mm nuts, as soon as we remove those bolts, the whole unit fell apart, anyway, thankfully my mechanic has a plastic welder and has done a temp fix on it......there is no way im paying ford £100 for a little piece of moulded plastic that will probably break again in another 40k miles, so I brought this instead for £52 delivered, its a direct replacement and fully compatible with the stock hose:  https://ltiperformance.co.uk/products/sd-performance-fiesta-mk7-fiesta-mk8-1-0-ecoboost-front-turbo-hard-pipe?_pos=10&_sid=697b632be&_ss=r

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club