Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 125bhp remap

Sibbi

Hello. I just got my MK8 ST-Line couple of weeks ago and was thinking about remapping. The company I contacted uses a remap from Viezu and claims it will increase the hp to around 160 and the torque to around 250. 

My question is this. How long do you think the engine will handle this power increase? Will the transmission be affected? Do you guys have any experience with remaps and warranty? Is it really worth it?

Thank you.

chrome_2017-11-18_18-08-31.png

Seeing as the only warranty friendly remaps for some of the MK7.5 range Fiesta's are only available from Mountune, the warranty will technically be voided if you remap it elsewhere. Mountune don't currently offer any MK8 remaps yet.

Is it not the same 1.0 engine, with the same components just in a different pair of pyjamas?

Regardless, I didn't think Ford honoured a warranty on a car with a remap regardless of who it was purchased from? Happy to be corrected as I might be able to get one for mine now [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The gearbox is rated for 215Nm.

Any engine or transmission warranty claims are likely to be declined with a remap on the car.

Not worth the risk while in warranty imo.

Any reason you didn't just get the 140PS in the first place, if you wanted more power?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The gearbox is rated for 215Nm.

Any engine or transmission warranty claims are likely to be declined with a remap on the car.

Not worth the risk while in warranty imo.

Any reason you didn't just get the 140PS in the first place, if you wanted more power?

Well where I come from we don't get the 140PS variant so this was the most powerful one I could get without getting the Fiesta ST.

But so if the gearbox is only rated for 215NM I think I'll have this car for a few years before doing anything to it. I haven't checked with the dealer but the guys at the tuning company said that the dealer wouldn't mind the remap but I'm not so sure.

Anyways thank you guys! Are there any mods that are like "must do!" that you could recommend?

The company will unfortunately say what it needs to to get a sale. Does the ST Line come with wind deflectors? If not I’d get a set of them and also change the number plate bulbs for LED ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

The company will unfortunately say what it needs to to get a sale. Does the ST Line come with wind deflectors? If not I’d get a set of them and also change the number plate bulbs for LED ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No it doesn't but I'll keep an eye out for a set of wind deflectors, always wanted them on my old car but completely forgot about them. I'm not 100% sure atm but I think that my car has LED's for number plate bulbs.

• Like 1

I also got wind deflectors. They look fantastic in Black. The number plate bulbs are Led indeed. As an addition i 'd suggest a metal footrest to match the pedals. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2017 at 8:11 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Is it not the same 1.0 engine, with the same components just in a different pair of pyjamas?

Regardless, I didn't think Ford honoured a warranty on a car with a remap regardless of who it was purchased from? Happy to be corrected as I might be able to get one for mine now emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mountune is Ford approved, so the warranty stays in tact I believe. 

12 minutes ago, jbell said:

Mountune is Ford approved, so the warranty stays in tact I believe. 

Only the performance upgrades (MPxxx) and certain parts are approved.

Racing upgrades (MRxxx) are not approved.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club