Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2 boot staying locked

dustymiller

Hi all , 

When I unlock my car with the key fob the doors open fine but the boot stays locked , I have to press the boot button twice to unlock it , it used to all open , doors and boot together but started doing this now .

anyone had a similar problem ? I've changed the fob battery but still the same .

Thanks Frank 

This sounds like a failure of the boot release button in the tailgate. It might be water ingress into the button, which I think is a known issue in these models, or a fracture in the wiring between tailgate and body.

There's obviously nothing wrong with the boot latch or remote since two presses unlock it ok.

• Like 1

Thanks I'll have a look at the boot mechanism 

So when you press the boot release on the boot itself it doesn't respond?

8 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

So when you press the boot release on the boot itself it doesn't respond?

No , I have to give two  clicks on the fob boot button , it won't open with the boot release 

12 hours ago, mjt said:

This sounds like a failure of the boot release button in the tailgate. It might be water ingress into the button, which I think is a known issue in these models, or a fracture in the wiring between tailgate and body.

There's obviously nothing wrong with the boot latch or remote since two presses unlock it ok.

Thanks going to look at it this morning 

I have just noticed my 16 plate tit focus starting to do the same thing. I will wait until service is due to get it fixed. Not that much of an issue for me at this time.

UPDATE ;  problem solved it was water in the boot opening switch , it may have been shown before but I'll put a few photos up of how I got to the switch , in case it,'ll help anybody 

IMG_20171119_084106755_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171119_085451179_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171119_090444409-1.jpg

IMG_20171119_090913510.jpg

IMG_20171119_091035834.jpg

• Like 1