Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge or 8 Plus

Lenny

6 hours ago, xMissGemx said:

No idea what BoSelecta is lol, but it's not a Kestrel, I can't remember what it is though hah.

BoSelecta was a show on channel 4 back in the late 90's when Keith lemon first started on television; he used to impersonate Craig David prentending he had a pet falcon called Kes aswell as Michael Jackson and Melanie B from the spice girls.

18 hours ago, Lenny said:

BoSelecta was a show on channel 4 back in the late 90's when Keith lemon first started on television; he used to impersonate Craig David prentending he had a pet falcon called Kes aswell as Michael Jackson and Melanie B from the spice girls.

Ahhh I was too young then lol. 

• Thanks 1

The 90s was only a couple of years ago wasn’t it....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, xMissGemx said:

Your a year older than I am FFS 😅

Your a year older than I am FFS [emoji28]

How do you find out ages?

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

How do you find out ages?

Checked profile page🙊 born 84 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

How you getting on with the S8

IMG_20171205_094036.thumb.jpg.595608bbb893e768fa7e83a2f85c154c.jpg

It arrived by courier yesterday and I didn't open it until last night as I was waiting on my existing number to transfer aswell as the delivery of the OtterBox case which I highly recommend its a bit expensive compared to eBay sales but it fits like a glove and isint loose or bulkey.

The purchase of the phone came with a free Soundwave bluetooth speaker which I don't personally have a use for but the wife won't let me stick it up on eBay 🤣

The phone comes with a little usb adaptor, if your existing phone was an android then you can plug it directly in to the Samsung S8 and transfer every contact, text message, photo, video,  call log and app across from your old device to the S8 by just plugging them together 

I think that feature really saves alot of time, my old phone was a "Samsung Galaxy Core Prime" 

The curved or wrap around screen also feels great in your hand. I've just setup the usual apps and my email on it at the moment I've not had time to add any new apps to it yet or explore the features although I did find one feature which stops the screen from turning off while your looking at it 😅 somehow it sences your eye and keeps the screen illuminated.

This is my first message on it too

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

IMG_20171205_094036.thumb.jpg.595608bbb893e768fa7e83a2f85c154c.jpg

It arrived by courier yesterday and I didn't open it until last night as I was waiting on my existing number to transfer aswell as the delivery of the OtterBox case which I highly recommend its a bit expensive compared to ebay sales but it fits like a glove and isint loose or bulkey.

The purchase of the phone came with a free Soundwave Bluetooth speaker which I don't personally have a use for but the wife won't let me stick it up on ebay 🤣

The phone comes with a little usb adaptor, if your existing phone was an android then you can plug it directly in to the Samsung S8 and transfer every contact, text message, photo, video,  call log and app across from your old device to the S8 by just plugging them together 

I think that feature really saves alot of time, my old phone was a "Samsung Galaxy Core Prime" 

The curved or wrap around screen also feels great in your hand. I've just setup the usual apps and my email on it at the moment I've not had time to add any new apps to it yet or explore the features although I did find one feature which stops the screen from turning off while your looking at it 😅 somehow it sences your eye and keeps the screen illuminated.

This is my first message on it too

Few bits to sort out then and get it all tuned up to your Apps etc as that takes a bit as you always come back to remember something to do if your like me.

If you find or get a good fast wireless charger let me know that does what it says ''Fast charge'' not over 3 hours like this one i got.

Have fun and a dam good phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Few bits to sort out then and get it all tuned up to your Apps etc as that takes a bit as you always come back to remember something to do if your like me.

If you find or get a good fast wireless charger let me know that does what it says ''Fast charge'' not over 3 hours like this one i got.

Have fun and a dam good phone.

I've also got the S8(+) and when I got it I ordered an eBay £4.99 charger and its brilliant: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fast-Qi-Wireless-Charger-Pad-Samsung-Galaxy-For-S8-S8-Plus-Phones-Black/201920920215?hash=item2f036cba97:g:KEgAAOSwIQdZEyzW

• Like 1

I am looking into getting a wireless ‘fast charger’, I already have a couple of wireless chargers for my S7e and for me it’s a better way to charge. It’s just easier to drop the phone on the charging pad rather than messing with wires, especially at work. Any charger I have has to be silent, some of them beep when charging is initiated and again when it stops, I can’t have this at work and it would be irritating next to my bed. From my reading I can see that true fast charging is about twice as quick as standard wireless but not as quick as using a cable. Most wireless charges deliver around 1amp to the phone, fast chargers deliver 2amps, the power adapter used for the wireless charger has to be a fast charge one too, so use the one that came with the phone. Personally I would stay well away from eBay when it comes to a charger, for £4.99 I doubt you are getting what you read in the item description. Cheap ones will drastically reduce the life of your phone, but each to their own. I plan to spend around £20-30 on one.

• Thanks 1

I thought I had posted earlier today but there is no sign of it.
@jace1969 what wireless charger are you using? To be honest 3hrs from empty to 100% using wireless is pretty decent. A standard wireless charger and you are looking at a little over 5hrs. A wireless charger is never going to be as quick as a wired connection but in most reviews I’ve read ‘fast’ wireless is about twice as quick as ‘standard’.

I would be very cautious about buying from eBay when it comes to electrics. £4.99 is extremely cheap for what it is supposed to be, I wonder if it is a genuine ‘fast charger’ with 2 coils or not. An ineffective charger that doesn’t shut off when the phone reaches 100% or one that can not deliver a steady amperage to the phone causing temperature problem will drastically reduce the life of the phone.

I’m looking for a decent fast wireless charger and I have my eye on a few, I’m jut doing some comparisons before I decide. I have a standard one next to my bed, it is an ‘A’ frame stand as I use the phone as my bedside clock with the DockClock app. I have a basic flat pad at work which I got when I had my Note3, it was just to see if I liked the tech and I do. In work I am constantly picking up my phone and putting it down again, I can’t be having a wire trailing across the desk while I’m doing that. I also need to have one that is silent and doesn’t beep when you initiate charging and again when it is full. I’m looking at spending about £20-£30

To be honest i don't think a lot of wireless 'fast' chargers will do a full charge in 1 half hours like the 'fast' charge plug does and i have read this on the Android forum.

This is mine https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-S6-S7-Edge-Wireless-Charger-Qi-Fast-Charging-Pad-Stand-Charger/162625417416?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I did have a moan at them and i have just got a full refund on it with no hassle so shows how much people they must get who complains about them.

It works but just like a normal charge 3 to 4 hours and i think they compare the word fast wireless off a normal plug in charger not the fast plug charger.

The output of that one in your link is only .5 of an amp higher than a standard plug and some of that is lost on transfer too, so I doubt the phone actually receives as much as they claim. I think you are right about the claims attached to the word ‘fast’. The charger is fast in comparison to previous wireless charges, not in comparison to a wired ‘fast’ charger. The decent chargers that are sold as ‘fast wireless chargers’ will have an output of 2A and should also have ‘smart’ charge too. The ones I’m looking at have the capability to do a fast charge on compatible devices, on incompatible devices i.e. iPhone X it will charge at standard speed. It should also have different lights showing it’s status and charge type.

If I had a wireless charger that charged my phone from empty in 3hours or under I would be happy.

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

The output of that one in your link is only .5 of an amp higher than a standard plug and some of that is lost on transfer too, so I doubt the phone actually receives as much as they claim. I think you are right about the claims attached to the word ‘fast’. The charger is fast in comparison to previous wireless charges, not in comparison to a wired ‘fast’ charger. The decent chargers that are sold as ‘fast wireless chargers’ will have an output of 2A and should also have ‘smart’ charge too. The ones I’m looking at have the capability to do a fast charge on compatible devices, on incompatible devices i.e. iPhone X it will charge at standard speed. It should also have different lights showing it’s status and charge type.

If I had a wireless charger that charged my phone from empty in 3hours or under I would be happy.

Yes 3 hours area aint a main problem as over night charging,i just aint got a clue with the chargers as i don't know which ones to pick to charge quick like what amp output

and makes,i had this one being cheap to try and Samsung and also sold a nice amount.

I love the option of 'wireless charging' .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club