Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need help fitting LED Halo rings on ford fiesta mk7!

Branchinho
聽Share

Hi,

I'm looking to fit LED halo ring fog surrounds onto my mk7 Fiesta. There are a few places I can get them but can someone please tell me how easy they are too fit? Hopefully someone has fitted these and know what do do!

Here's a link to the website with instructions but still don' understand as haven't done this before 馃槪 thanks for any help!

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/drl-indicator-led-ring-kit

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/ambient-led-ring-kit

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Branchinho said:

Hi,

I'm looking to fit LED halo ring fog surrounds onto my mk7 Fiesta. There are a few places I can get them but can someone please tell me how easy they are too fit? Hopefully someone has fitted these and know what do do!

Here's a link to the website with instructions but still don' understand as haven't done this before 馃槪 thanks for any help!

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/drl-indicator-led-ring-kit

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/ambient-led-ring-kit

Have you checked this guide. Also will really appreciate any pictures when it's up and running. I saws these and really liked them but don't know how they will look on the mk6 fiestas聽

Indicator rings instructions

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Have you checked this guide. Also will really appreciate any pictures when it's up and running. I saws these and really liked them but don't know how they will look on the mk6 fiestas聽

Indicator rings instructions

Yeah have looked at this still not 100 % confident I would be able to do it... still if I get them I'll post post pics... 馃槃

• Like 1

The wiring part looks dead easy to me, just basic electrical stuff using a multi-meter聽set to 12v DC. I've not really looked into it, but not sure how they mount on the fog lights, but it can't be that hard.

• Confused 1

Hope it' as easy as you make it sound! Haha!

I think it just sticks on don't it. Don't they supply any two sided sticky tapes. From the instructions you switch your sidelights on, use a voltmeter to find the wire which powers the sidelights and most likely splice that wire and solder in the correct wire from the halo lights. Then from there switch the hazard lights on and use the voltmeter again to find the indicator wire and wire the halo wire into that so that it will flash amber when the indicators are switched on.聽

These do look cool but don't know how they would look. Might consider getting them.聽

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

Then from there switch the hazard lights on and use the voltmeter again to find the indicator wire and wire the halo wire into that so that it will flash amber when the indicators are switched on.

The hazard lights are no good here. Otherwise you'll end up flashing both fog lights when you press one of the indicators, and non will flash for the other.

You'll need to use the indicator wire themselves so that you know which side is which.

• Thanks 1

So just make sure to use the indicator and not hazards...

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

The hazard lights are no good here. Otherwise you'll end up flashing both fog lights when you press one of the indicators, and non will flash for the other.

You'll need to use the indicator wire themselves so that you know which side is which.

Sorry Luke if I might of not properly explained it but it says to check the voltage from the wiring loom to see if there's constant voltage. I'm sure you'd wire one halo light on one side and another on the other side. From there when you switch the indicators on on one side the voltage would power the halo light.

Just to clarify remove the headlights and disconnect the plug to them. Switch sidelights on and use a multimeter to check each wire to identify the right one which powers the sidelights. You'd then wire in one of the halo lights wire into that. Repeat this on the other side. Check there working. Next switch the hazards on and find the wire on both sides which power the indicators and wire in the halo lights. You wire in one halo light for each side so one would indicate on the correct side 馃憤.聽

Only thing I'm not really sure about are the positive and negative wires but I'm sure luke will help 馃槉

Screenshot_20171123-093824.png

• Like 1

Autobeam is doing some black Friday deals at the moment. They reduce the halo indicators kit. Don't know if I should get it

One thing to note about the聽Ambient ring guide,聽they tell you to wire it straight to the battery but I dont know if it includes an inline fuse and also wiring it straight to the battery sounds like a good way to drain your battery,聽 id rather wire it to an ignition live fuse.

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Autobeam is doing some black Friday deals at the moment. They reduce the halo indicators kit. Don't know if I should get it

I'm not having a go by any means, it's just the words black friday infuriates me. It's such a farse, literally an excuse for retaillers to put their prices up a few weeks before and then drop them back to where they were on black friday. Or they get rid of crap stock nobody would otherwise buy.

Slap a sale sign on Polaroid TV and you'll have people fighting over it.聽Polaroid made cameras, and they were awful at that too.

"Black聽FRIDAY聽sale all week" , like how does that work? 馃馃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

I'm not having a go by any means, it's just the words black friday infuriates me. It's such a farse, literally an excuse for retaillers to put their prices up a few weeks before and then drop them back to where they were on black friday. Or they get rid of crap stock nobody would otherwise buy.

Slap a sale sign on Polaroid TV and you'll have people fighting over it.聽Polaroid made cameras, and they were awful at that too.

"Black聽FRIDAY聽sale all week" , like how does that work? 馃馃

I remember watching BBC news on one of the previous black Fridays and they showed a crowd of people waiting outside a supermarket. Some who had their sleeping bags with them. When they opened the doors to the shop everyone rushed in, some people getting pushed down to the floor and people trampling over them like a stampede. Just looking at these people make me think how idiotic they are.

Branchino you can also ask autobeam aswell about wiring them in. I just asked them about this kit and the suitable size and they told me the suitable size for my car and sent a video on how they look. Customers service is very good.聽

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I remember watching BBC news on one of the previous black Fridays and they showed a crowd of people waiting outside a supermarket. Some who had their sleeping bags with them. When they opened the doors to the shop everyone rushed in, some people getting pushed down to the floor and people trampling over them like a stampede. Just looking at these people make me think how idiotic they are.

Branchino you can also ask autobeam aswell about wiring them in. I just asked them about this kit and the suitable size and they told me the suitable size for my car and sent a video on how they look. Customers service is very good.聽

Cool I'll message them too... also I looked a few days ago and the indicator rings were 拢30 So don't know if it' been going on a little while or if there trying to pull a fast one? 馃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ToXIcG said:

One thing to note about the聽Ambient ring guide,聽they tell you to wire it straight to the battery but I dont know if it includes an inline fuse and also wiring it straight to the battery sounds like a good way to drain your battery,聽 id rather wire it to an ignition live fuse.

Yeah I thought that too! Thanks haha I won' be touching the battery...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Branchinho said:

Cool I'll message them too... also I looked a few days ago and the indicator rings were 拢30 So don't know if it' been going on a little while or if there trying to pull a fast one? 馃

I'm sure they were going for around 拢40 or 拢39.98. Also just ordered them for my fiesta 馃槉. I don't think this kit needs anything going to the battery as it would get its power from the sidelights and indicators.聽

Also what size did you get? Was it the 70mm one?聽

Yeah 70 mm is for mk7 7s ... I think 馃馃馃槷馃槷

45 minutes ago, Branchinho said:

Yeah 70 mm is for mk7 7s ... I think 馃馃馃槷馃槷

According to this compatibility list you are correct.

20171123_231612.thumb.png.c8457040f8efa35c95d250be870793c6.png

• Thanks 2

Yeah that's right. When I was asking about the suitable size they said for my mk6 fiesta it's 60mm and mk7 is 70mm.

The ring fits inside the fog light lens against the surround. I kept thinking it fits on the surround until they told me.聽

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Yeah that's right. When I was asking about the suitable size they said for my mk6 fiesta it's 60mm and mk7 is 70mm.

The ring fits inside the fog light lens against the surround. I kept thinking it fits on the surround until they told me.聽

Nice! I did wonder! I am thinking of wiring it to my drl and not side lights as well as indicators... I'd like them on all the time as opposed to just side ights... do you recon that' possible?聽

At least we can figure this out together when they arive !

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Oh ok, I聽thought it fits on it too.

8 hours ago, Branchinho said:

Nice! I did wonder! I am thinking of wiring it to my drl and not side lights as well as indicators... I'd like them on all the time as opposed to just side ights... do you recon that' possible?聽

At least we can figure this out together when they arive !

Actually asked them that and they said you can. This is what I asked.聽

Screenshot_20171124-182405.png

Haha Thanks! Well that answered that! What will you wire them too? Or will you get someone to do it for You?

Well with me my dad does mechanic work as a hobby so he knows how to do stuff like this. I don't know about DRL. Could find a wire going to the lights and wire the rings to it or you can wire it to a fuse which supplies power when ignition has turned on. I don't really know about drl so don't take my opinion.聽

On 24/11/2017 at 8:11 PM, Branchinho said:

Haha Thanks! Well that answered that! What will you wire them too? Or will you get someone to do it for You?

Any updates on the fitting. Mine just arrived 10 minutes ago聽:laugh:. Also curious but how close are your rings to the fog light surround. I'd say for me there's a 5mm gap if I placed the rings in the middle which I hope doesn't look odd when it's fitted on.聽

1511785231086279476637.jpg

• Like 1