Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

james_60

You only get that setting with adaptive headlights on the mk4. 

• 1 month later...

It’s set up correctly for left hand traffic?

• 4 months later...

I gather this for Mk3/3.5 Focus with Xenon Headlights?

No mention of this menu in normal halogen lit vehicles.

19 minutes ago, KevG said:

I gather this for Mk3/3.5 Focus with Xenon Headlights?

No mention of this menu in normal halogen lit vehicles.

Correct.  If you're going abroad you'll still need adhesive beam adjusters for halogens.

I have a Mk4 TX.  As far as I know and according to the brochure there are three headlight varients:

1. Halogen

2. Fixed Full LED

3. Adaptive full LED

I thought mine were fixed full LED but I have an adaptive light setting for L/R in the settings. Is this setting not on both the fixed and adaptive versions?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:30 PM, Paul9619 said:

I have a Mk4 TX.  As far as I know and according to the brochure there are three headlight varients:

1. Halogen

2. Fixed Full LED

3. Adaptive full LED

I thought mine were fixed full LED but I have an adaptive light setting for L/R in the settings. Is this setting not on both the fixed and adaptive versions?

If you change the setting, do you see a different in the beam pattern?

If you lights look like this below, you have the fixed LED lights:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Y5HvVbqinrenHDYTH1r

Adaptive LEDs look like this:

2019-Ford-Focus-ST-Line-Hatchback-Blue-P

Also worth noting that from late 2020, even the bog-standard "reflector" headlamps now have an LED for dipped beam, with halogen for high beam, so there's currently 4 different headlamps you could have on a Mk4. That said, if it's a Titanium X like you said, it will only be one of the two types that I added pictures of, with the fixed as standard and adaptive as an option.

I have the fixed LEDs then 👍. LED for dipped and main beam. They auto level on switch on which is the only movement I see. Adaptive Left/Right menu must just be to set where the fixed part points. 

11 hours ago, Paul9619 said:

I have the fixed LEDs then 👍. LED for dipped and main beam. They auto level on switch on which is the only movement I see. Adaptive Left/Right menu must just be to set where the fixed part points. 

Cool, glad that was cleared up! Do you actually see a difference if you change the traffic setting?

11 hours ago, karlbbb said:

Cool, glad that was cleared up! Do you actually see a difference if you change the traffic setting?

I’ll have a try tomorrow and let you know

• 8 months later...

Hi

i recently bought a 2019 Focus with the adaptive headlights. Everytime they are on i always get flashed. Have checked the Traffic Setup and its set to LEFT which i believe is correct for driving in the UK.

it looks to me like the system is slow to react to oncoming traffic and doesn’t adjust/dip the offside beam quickly enough meaning its blinding oncoming traffic, to the point where i have to turn the lights to manual so it disables the adaptive lights.

any ideas? As i do love the adaptive lights and really want to use them.

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, Gixer73 said:

Hi

i recently bought a 2019 Focus with the adaptive headlights. Everytime they are on i always get flashed. Have checked the Traffic Setup and its set to LEFT which i believe is correct for driving in the UK.

it looks to me like the system is slow to react to oncoming traffic and doesn’t adjust/dip the offside beam quickly enough meaning its blinding oncoming traffic, to the point where i have to turn the lights to manual so it disables the adaptive lights.

any ideas? As i do love the adaptive lights and really want to use them.

Many Thanks

Sounds like the anti glare high beam you are talking about, rather than the Left right setting.

They are slow to create the "shadow" sometimes. And often people will flash you if they've seen your lights coming round the corner and they can't see them dip.

I often manually dip them in some scenarios, not much you can do unfortunately. It's not good at spotting people a long way off and if you are going up an incline they can particularly slow as the shadow forms from the top of the pattern down, so it takes a while to reach the oncoming car.

You can dip them, and then raise them again and it creates the shadown around them, I often do that as cars get closer or have appeared fully around the corner, so I have the advantage of high beam around the oncoming car, but they don't get any high beam even momentarily.

• 9 months later...
On 11/21/2017 at 11:16 PM, Zico said:

The setting is for which side of the car you drive on and also for which side of the road. UK is right hand drive and EU continent is left hand drive.

also known as the correct side and the wrong side

nature created most humans (90% ish) to be right handed and there are LOTS of reasons why we should drive on the correct side of the road like we do in the UK, Oz, NZ, RSA, Botswana, Japan, India etc. - it was a temper tantrum by a small left handed French bloke that got many driving on the wrong side - a remarkable achievement to get so many lemmings to follow suit - the last country to change moved to the correct side by the way...

• Confused 1

On 11/23/2017 at 4:02 PM, Dee_82 said:

So does that change your actual pattern then? or just direct it a bit to the left or right of centre?

when done correctly there has always been a flick up to the nearside to better highlight the side of the road, and to show pedestrians and cyclists - both the correct right hand drive cars, and the wrong left hand drive countries have this (its why when you drive on the wrong side of the road it dazzles the other driver).  With changes in design and to reduce costs of building two different lamps many modern cars can tweak the pattern to suit driving on the correct side or for the wrong side of the road

circa 2000 with xenon's some lazy manu offered a built in bodge to kill the flick up to the nearside, and went with a flat beam option - but its not as safe / reassuring as doing it right

Beam Pattern.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club