Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo engine malfunction

dkjmss

I have a Mondeo mk4 2.2 tdci which is showing ENGINE MALFUNCTION warning lamp at start up. This appears after turning on ignition and after message press clutch to start. I can then start ok with no problem but lamp is still lit. There are no other error messages. I can then drive 0.2 miles and the lamp goes out. This only happens in the morning after car has been standing overnight. Any suggestions? 

You need to get the codes read, iether do it yourself with a programme like Forscan and an ELM adapter or get a garage to do it for you, just remember a code is not allways the complete answer but points you in the right direction 

• Like 1

garage will probably charge you more to read the codes once than it would cost to buy yourself a code reader. And Forscan software is free.

I have one from here 

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

Best to buy the modified one with the extra switch as it allows access to more stuff from the car's computer stuff.

Click on Helpful Links in black bar at top of page for links to software.

Many people on this forum recommend this seller

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club