Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My boot keeps setting alarm off

Dewbs

I recently fit after market rear lights on my MK7 Fiesta Zetec S and since then my alarm has been going off randomly, when I’m in the car it tells me my boots open and keeps flashing on the screen.

I put my standard rear lights back on but the problem still occurs, so I reckon I’ve knocked the sensor but I can’t think of anything else, any ideas? 

Thanks

I believe its something to do with the lock on the hatch (probably a sensor as you said) but i'm not too sure how you would go about checking it.

I don't know how you would have messed it up doing the lights because as far as I'm aware the sensor would be in the actual hatch lock that is in the air when open unless it's the wiring.

1 hour ago, ToXIcG said:

I believe its something to do with the lock on the hatch (probably a sensor as you said) but i'm not too sure how you would go about checking it.

I don't know how you would have messed it up doing the lights because as far as I'm aware the sensor would be in the actual hatch lock that is in the air when open unless it's the wiring.

I'd guess the sensor is in the bit where that hatch locks into place if that makes sense - rather than the bit that rises up into the air. 

Grease and a slam sorted problems I had with the previous cars bonnet, but YMMV 

When you fitted your new lights, is it possible that you may have disturbed the earth (ground) connections in the rear loom? The rear hatch release wires and lighting wires all go through a common loom harness to the front of the vehicle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, loydpg said:

When you fitted your new lights, is it possible that you may have disturbed the earth (ground) connections in the rear loom? The rear hatch release wires and lighting wires all go through a common loom harness to the front of the vehicle.

I’ll have a look now! Thank you, where can I find the rear hatch release wires?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club