Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser won't disengage

Rizlas

Hi There

Ford Fiesta 2005 1.4 diesel, car has been starting fine but recently noticed that when it starts dashboard lights flicker off and back on but car runs as normal.

This cold morning got to work ok, jumped back in an hour later and immobiliser lights flashing and car wont start.

Called out the AA who checked battery, fuses, plugged in his diagnostic tools and alternative key but still immobiliser flashing.  The AA chap then towed me home, he suggested that the problem lies with car itself, ie the ecu or immobiliser unit.  Right now not sure if its worth taking to a garage to resolve as the car only cost me £700 9 months ago and mot is due in Feb 2018.  Is this likely to be an expensive fix or is it relatively cheap  to get resolved or should i just cut my losses 

Could be the cluster itself.
The immobiliser system is resident in the ecu but also relies on the cluster being paired and working.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Definitely - is 2005 late enough to be able to use Forscan? I wonder if there are some U codes to tally with IC connection fault.

It could be worth just taking the cluster out, checking the connector for secureness/corrosion, and plugging back in.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club