Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone Holders

dansallis

Simple questions for you guys here. Mostly aimed at the Fiesta Mk7.5 owners, but anyone is free to chip in.

Where do you guys place your phone holders in your car and what mounting systems do you use? (ie vent, window, cd player etc)

I am also interested in where you guys run your cables to such mounts

Unfortunately I just sling my old iPhone into the cup holder nearest to the USB socket by the handbrake and use a short 6-8" USB type charging cable.

It works but doesn't look too great so like you, I'd be keen to hear other solutions that look at least a bit more "factory"!

Not a mk7 but when I got my car it came with a phone holder. You can see on the right. 

DSC_0017.JPG

I have a magnetic phone holder attached to the air vent on the head unit. I literally place my phone on the holder and it stays there. Only downside is I have a circular piece of metal taped to the back of my phone case.

Not for a phone but my Mtune is mounted on to a Brodit A pillar mount (they have some for either side of the airbag light also) cable runs behind the door seal then behind the dash.

I still have my Brodit mount from my old Nexus 5 attached to the A pillar though I changed my phone to a OnePlus 3T and picked up a Kenu Airframe+ from amazon which mounts in the drivers side centre air vent.

49 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I keep my phone in my pocket and use bluetooth.

Some people use their phone as a sat nav, helps if you can see the phone.

Haven't got pics at the moment but can get some if needed

I use a £10 Halfords holder that goes on the windscreen and it's mounted to the far right bottom as close as I can get it with phone mounted. USB cable goes into the dash on the right hand side and down into the pull out panel where the diagnostic plug is, I then have soldered in an extension to the cigarette plug and hidden all the wires which then also runs into the diagnostic plug pulldown so I have a cigarette plug in there too so plugs in there :-D

I have a holder like Zain now, with a separate fast usb-c charger.

I did have a Brodit active holder for my Nexus 4, and also worked for my Nexus 5. When I upgraded to my Nexus 5X the phone no longer fit (and was a different charger) so bodged it to widen and replace the micro-usb with a usb-c connector. This worked until I changed to a tough case and now it won't fit at all.

I still have the Brodit bracket, and am toying with the idea of just ***** another bracket to it (as it's a nice secure way to attach it to the car).... hmm...

Edit: Forum does not like referring to a fastener with a head and threads down it's length...

Got some nice thoughts here guys, thanks!

I have tried CD player ones and they are quite loose despite being in a good position.

I have also tried windscreen ones which I dislike for 2 reasons: 

1. When its cold and you heat the car up (or you get some warm, some cool days) they tend to pop off.
  2. In the Fiesta Mk7 the only locations they can possibly be are too far away and/or totally obscuring your vision.

I think I will try a vent one, but I am skeptical about the magnetic ones damaging my phone and the stability of the mount in the vent as well.

I Use  Brodit for my Fiesta - you buy the mount and then add the holder for your phone/satnav it clips on so can be removed and if you change your phone you just buy the correct holder

either just under the centre vent or on the A pillar, look at the Brodit site to find what you need but cheaper to buy of eBay.

Brodit1.jpg

12 hours ago, dansallis said:

Got some nice thoughts here guys, thanks!

I have tried CD player ones and they are quite loose despite being in a good position.

I have also tried windscreen ones which I dislike for 2 reasons: 

1. When its cold and you heat the car up (or you get some warm, some cool days) they tend to pop off.
  2. In the Fiesta Mk7 the only locations they can possibly be are too far away and/or totally obscuring your vision.

I think I will try a vent one, but I am skeptical about the magnetic ones damaging my phone and the stability of the mount in the vent as well.

I have I magnetic one and a h have done for years. Never caused any damage or issues to the various phones I've had. I just stick the magnetic ring to the phone case and the main small holder on the radio works for me 

On 11/30/2017 at 6:45 PM, Bobr said:

I keep my phone in my pocket and use bluetooth.

yes same here,no reason to leave my pocket.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club