Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 fiesta zetec s upgrades

zain611

So had some time to check the calipers and carriers on the car. Thankfully it all fits in without having to do any modifications to anything. I also found that the ST carriers do not fit over the standard calipers on the car so need BOTH ST calipers and carriers for this conversion. The ST calipers are a bit bigger compared to the standard calipers. Finished at putting in the pads. 
Standard 258mm discs and carrier. Did need to get it changed. 
DSC_0216.thumb.JPG.15b41baf295e176abf7cba7255a0fb1d.JPG
DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.761d9e233adde555362addf6953702d6.JPG

Standard disc over the larger one. 
DSC_0218.thumb.JPG.1216cd68e54b4a830d055ed640f4fdd3.JPG
DSC_0219.thumb.JPG.83bf7de5f2f49d6e653cbfd3caa7a7b8.JPG

ST size disc (278mm) fitted along with ST carrier. Thankfully it fits. Cleaned the carriers and calipers and removed the remaining brake fluid from one of the ST calipers. 
DSC_0220.thumb.JPG.be185ec03c7b560eced744612b7e26b1.JPG

DSC_0221.thumb.JPG.71089a667ca698142cc314a257641773.JPG
I like your upgrade , you will be surprise of the stopping power on this once bedded in.
I did a full st170 big brakes conversion on my old focus 2.0 esp mk1.5 . The st discs are 300mm .it had awesome stopping power.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yunii said:

I like your upgrade , you will be surprise of the stopping power on this once bedded in.
I did a full st170 big brakes conversion on my old focus 2.0 esp mk1.5 . The st discs are 300mm .it had awesome stopping power.
Yunii

I am surprised what a 20mm (2cm) difference made on the stopping power. The rear beam conversion I might do might be done more for looks than braking. 

Old calipers and carriers sprayed gloss black with engine enamel paint. Will be selling these soon. 

DSC_0232.JPG

Is that a good idea? If you sell the car and get a similar one then you would be able to swap them about, or if when you come to sell the car you can take them off and get more selling the st carriers?

59 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Is that a good idea? If you sell the car and get a similar one then you would be able to swap them about, or if when you come to sell the car you can take them off and get more selling the st carriers?

That is a good point but I'm planning on keeping the car for about 3 years (4 if I get the remap and rear discs conversion done) so till then the depreciation of the car may not really make give more profit if I sold the ST calipers separately. Never know it could add value to the car. I'm thinking of getting a mk5 golf 2.0 TDI GT sport 170hp in the several years. The front brakes are 288mm so 10mm bigger than the ST so are bigger. Problem is we don't know what restrictions the government is making on diesel cars so that might change my plans 😢

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2018 at 9:30 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Couldn't remove the quote box ^^^^

Managed to get time to clean the car after 4 months. Takes a good 4 hours to clean everything 😥

_20180405_204022.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

_20180405_203900.JPG

_20180405_203748.JPG

_20180405_202345.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Good news!!! 

Finally got a rear ST 150 disc axle with Abs and handbrake cable. Thankfully found a place which brakes fiestas just 30 miles away (compared to 150 miles). Was a pain to carry it in and out the car but was worth it. Will update when they'll be fitted. 

DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

• Like 1

Coming all really well pal, you’re certainly putting the hard graft in! Reading your comments on other posts I got the impression that this car is not a ‘Keeper’ and you are biding your time before you get something a bit faster. If you are keen to get a bit more power and are keen to continue modding then why not consider getting a faster ‘project car’ that you will be happy to work on and happy to keep because the engine is what you want?

Don’t get me wrong, the work you are doing is top drawer and visually the car is a great example. The next owner will be very lucky, but the money and time you are spending isn’t going to recouped when you sell. You’re a brave guy taking on the axle swap, I would have nightmares just thinking about doing this to my car, not least because I wouldn’t have the skill lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gommy said:

Looking good!

Thanks Gommy 👍. I need to get those autobeam indicators again for the front. 

looking forward to the updates fella

• Like 1

@zain611 did I read somewhere you are wanting more LED indicators? I just got an email saying they are back in

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Coming all really well pal, you’re certainly putting the hard graft in! Reading your comments on other posts I got the impression that this car is not a ‘Keeper’ and you are biding your time before you get something a bit faster. If you are keen to get a bit more power and are keen to continue modding then why not consider getting a faster ‘project car’ that you will be happy to work on and happy to keep because the engine is what you want?

Don’t get me wrong, the work you are doing is top drawer and visually the car is a great example. The next owner will be very lucky, but the money and time you are spending isn’t going to recouped when you sell. You’re a brave guy taking on the axle swap, I would have nightmares just thinking about doing this to my car, not least because I wouldn’t have the skill lol

Thanks Jonro, I was making my message to reply to you in the morning but had to leave home so couldn't finish what I was saying. to be honest I might keep this car for a good few years. That mk5 golf GT sport I say on getting in a few years I'm not sure about. At the moment high mileage ones are going for around £3000 and my price range is up to around £2500. Also the 170hp models have a DPF fitted so that might give me trouble as I don't really do motorway runs. That golf is fast claiming 8.2 seconds and 59mpg from a 2 litre diesel. There's a 140hp version and that does not have a DPF however that's claimed 9.2 seconds to 60. 

As you said the car does look good even from factory with the optional extras it has, you do get people looking at it lol. It makes me realise also its a good looking car and thankfully runs nicely. I do start to overlook some things on the car but need to be reminded how good it is. 

That beam was literally a pain in the back. You need 2 or 3 people to carry it because its heavy. Just woke up and can feel my back aching. Might take off everything off the beam (hubs, ABS,). I think I might paint the calipers black just to be subtle. 

10 hours ago, b4zz said:

looking forward to the updates fella

Thanks b4zz so plans are to get new discs and pads and might also change the handbrake cable just to be safe. The splash shield may get spray gloss black to prevent rust along with the caliper just to be subtle. 

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

@zain611 did I read somewhere you are wanting more LED indicators? I just got an email saying they are back in

Lol I think I'll get them after I get the disc conversion done. I have my eyes also on autobeams switchback fogs where you can change the colour between white and yellow. Only thing is I don't drive with my fogs on (unless it's foggy which it hardly is) so might just be best to get their normal performance LED fogs. 

Nice on Zain611 . Good to see someone else successfully doing rear Discs conversion . Mine went smoothly with no hiccups. Hope yours did. Mine is a complete new brake set up as drums to discs 280mm at rear & front from 278mm to 300mm drilled & grooved.

Yunii

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Couldn't remove quote box ^^

3 hours ago, yunii said:

Nice to hear someone else successfully doing rear Discs conversion . Mine went smoothly with no hiccups. Hope yours did. Mine is a complete new brake set up as drums to discs 280mm at rear & front from 278mm to 300mm drilled & grooved.
Yunii

Hey yunii, that's good to hear. I wanted to get just a fiesta ST beam rather than going for mk1 focus hubs etc. As it's from a fiesta you know that the bits will fit onto other fiestas (unless ford spent unnecessary money changing the structure on the ST).

Just arrived, pagid discs and pads to match the front.

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0298.JPG

So dismantled the beam. Came into 2 problems: the passenger side caliper piston rubber which goes arround it was mangled up however thankfully managed to fix that and the rubber doesn't look to be damaged, one of the bolts which holds the hub snapped so need to see on how to remove that. 

DSC_0299.thumb.JPG.ad1ac15c2a4e17be79d1ce4de2c918e0.JPG

DSC_0300.thumb.JPG.568488a1cf94747792c03e7dc1b03518.JPGDSC_0301.thumb.JPG.2d259c5a34958a475371c0dbcd960020.JPG

Nasty nut which broke in the hub. Might drill through itDSC_0303.thumb.JPG.04cb590682805484154b82cd33475f66.JPG

DSC_0302.thumb.JPG.ccc71c2849e27c135c6a1fc6817b52f1.JPG

• Like 1

New pagid brake hoses and handbrake cable arrived. Tomorrow will see about removing the broken bolt. Tried removing it using heat and mole grips but it broke in half. 

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

Bought ST pedals. Hopefully will match with the door handles. 

Before and after pictures of cleaning. Not much difference really lol. 

DSC_0312.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

• Like 1

NIce! I’m looking for a cover for the footrest on my mk3.5 auto, can’t find one ☹️

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

NIce! I’m looking for a cover for the footrest on my mk3.5 auto, can’t find one ☹️

Are you looking for a factory one? You can search for places that are breaking your car and ask if they have it. Better to ask than waiting for someone to advertise it. When I was looking for the rear ST beam I kept waiting for an ad to come up of someone selling it. One day I found a place breaking fiestas and ask about it and they said they had it. Best to ask breakers rather than waiting for advertisements of it 👍

Also managed to get that bolt out so will see when to paint the splash shields and calipers. 

• Like 1

I’m after anything that looks the part, doesn’t have to be OEM. I’m really crap at searching for things lol. I’ve asked a couple of breakers but there are very very few locally. Did you get your stuff local or did you get the stuff sent to you?

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’m after anything that looks the part, doesn’t have to be OEM. I’m really crap at searching for things lol. I’ve asked a couple of breakers but there are very very few locally. Did you get your stuff local or did you get the stuff sent to you?

When I was searching for the beam there was 2 places which were advertising it however they were about 100 to 150 miles away which didn't feel worth it but was really close to going to one of them until I found this fiesta breakers only 30 miles away. Messaged them and they said they had the beam so quickly went the next day and got it. Delivery is about £60 for that beam so it's better to drive there and pick it up. If your looking to get something small and light you can just pay for delivery as it may not be much. 

Cheers Zain, ill have to have a search around. I’m not sure if the foot rest is the same on the manual and auto but I’m sure that on Daniels RS the rest looks the same

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Cheers Zain, ill have to have a search around. I’m not sure if the foot rest is the same on the manual and auto but I’m sure that on Daniels RS the rest looks the same

If it's the same in the RS and other models best to get one which came off a standard model as people can charge more if its off a RS unless they made it different. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club