Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 fiesta zetec s upgrades

zain611

Also got the AC regas whilst the headlights were off. Makes it easy for the guy to get to the pipe to top up the gas. He took out 0.110kg of gas when 0.520kg is what should be in there so was low. Feels noticeably cooler plus can smell that AC gas smell which I never really smelt before this year when I used it. 

_20190624_135024.JPG

_20190624_134923.JPG

_20190624_134820.JPG

• Like 1

The headlights look excellent Zain, nice one!! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The headlights look excellent Zain, nice one!! :biggrin: 

Thanks to you and luke 👍. Honestly look like new only just a few condensation / water drop marks inside the headlights letting it down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Thanks to you and luke 👍. Honestly look like new only just a few condensation / water drop marks inside the headlights letting it down. 

Purchase some Desiccant bags from ebay; sew some string on them to look like a tea bag,

Put one inside the headlight away from heat source, leave the string where you can reach it and replace all covers.

The Desiccant is a molecular sieve which will absorb and trap the moisture eliminating the issue.

Remove when you see the moisture gone or replace every 3-4 weeks until all gone.

@Lenny it looks to be dry so it's just mineral deposits left after the water had evaporated. I don't think there's been fresh condensation from what I know so probably was there for a while. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I went to a graveyard to pay respect for my grandads sister who passed away in May. The graveyard was unfamiliar for me so had to use the sat nav to get there and back.

When coming back I went down this narrow b road. Without seeing a little twig hit the side of the car leaving a long scratch across it from the wing all the way to the rear arch. Was really upset when I saw it 😢DSC_0268.thumb.JPG.51a7eb13acd1d0e1b3549f8d27669edd.JPGDSC_0269.thumb.JPG.036e8290f5b09b7a3fec03ff5fba604d.JPG

Last weekend I cleaned the car and decontaminated the scratch with fallout remover before putting it in the garage and clay baring it. DSC_0289.thumb.JPG.0f3192893bbfa708b9f2096ccc3a9c74.JPG

Used Koch chemie H8.02 compound. Thankfully removed the scratch. Hard to see the scratch initially which was a good sign DSC_0299.thumb.JPG.6ffc0c71a759f7b20aa3b589a581ea65.JPG

Before and after DSC_0293.thumb.JPG.0509c9ba8252bcf12cd6e9271bf4d2cb.JPGDSC_0295.thumb.JPG.56b1a4c4e335e9ed4ca7c92ec56362e7.JPG

Then finished off the whole side with britemax blackmax. DSC_0304.thumb.JPG.830e440a1d2c8ea0aabb58f24b64a1d1.JPG

Side of the car looked really shiny and the scratch is just about non existant. I can just about see it very very faintly however at the right angle and light. _20190708_204612.thumb.JPG.d3ed4fed237553f17f5ab1bc5bef3a99.JPGDSC_0307.thumb.JPG.87599ad84ed02c8d08f316dcd689d4a9.JPG_20190710_123225.thumb.JPG.51d428edbb0c256484e284fbf7046caf.JPG

• Like 1

Not long ago I noticed one of the rear LED brake lights (left side) was going wrong. These were the standard range autobeam bulbs. Luckily it was still under warranty so got a refund for them.DSC_0276.thumb.JPG.989d4309755fb1f5943cb2bc894522fd.JPGDSC_0277.thumb.JPG.08be1f2e7396e798b75c9a9572a7986c.JPGDSC_0326.thumb.JPG.c56f9b89264f827662ac33cc0d7198dd.JPG

That gave me an opportunity to go get their latest performance range LED brake lights. DSC_0321.thumb.JPG.2a69670c1ae6e969484a261f925c8f84.JPG

Fitted them in and there was a clear improvement. These bulbs give out a proper red light compared to a light red light from the other ones plus they leave an imprint in your eyes just at the brightness when the sidelights are on. Definitely brighter and no one can say they didn't see me brake 😂

DSC_0324.thumb.JPG.9c545073407d4cc380428cdbf78eb460.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Something has arrived 👀 

DSC_0349.JPG

• Like 2

About a week ago I put the spare wheel on as I had to change the front driverside tire. It was bold from the inner side. Took the back wheel off to put in the front and the spare wheel in the back which luckily managed to fit over the ST brakes. DSC_0341.thumb.JPG.7d415374e20296beb3f339d7cfae4e0c.JPGDSC_0342.thumb.JPG.5dfe1a1d87e33aa1a4de810ad6ac1ef4.JPG

Condition of the tire. Went bold from inside 😮DSC_0338.thumb.JPG.c7f333f596d834dde1a8d0b33180f630.JPGDSC_0339.thumb.JPG.f011aa45109b9ac58108f53ccd0607bc.JPGDSC_0340.thumb.JPG.0b0afb44ce1a1d875f1235271c5dba35.JPG

Yesterday got the new tire fitted. Now at least have 2 new front tires. Looks so much better. Hopefully today will put it on. Will need tracking done as it shouldn't be the inner side wears more. DSC_0353.thumb.JPG.c045cffb057925b20e0d9761578222bc.JPGDSC_0354.thumb.JPG.370d6a30c291a0e744211ac6085bffb9.JPGDSC_0355.thumb.JPG.594ed77fb00383b321396ae8d79ed0de.JPG

• Like 1

You need to look at why you have uneven wear, could be tracking or could be under inflation. Although I’d expect inner and outer wear if it was pressure related.

what tyres did you go for? With a C rating for grip they might not be great in the rain etc, which is a shame as you have gone to the trouble of getting better stopping power which you won’t be able to transfer to the tarmac

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

You need to look at why you have uneven wear, could be tracking or could be under inflation. Although I’d expect inner and outer wear if it was pressure related.

what tyres did you go for? With a C rating for grip they might not be great in the rain etc, which is a shame as you have gone to the trouble of getting better stopping power which you won’t be able to transfer to the tarmac

I believe its just the tracking that's off. I check the tire pressure periodically and last I checked it hadnt really changed. 

The brand is called tigar and says high performance on it 😂. I did see some Michelin pilot sports for around £75 for my wheels but the thing is I'm on a budget. Mainly wanted something with a good wet grip rating however as that is key. Honestly though these brakes stop the car at around 1 and a half house length from 50mph which is great. 

Managed to reposition the reverse camera. Did this to give space for the new plate I got. Camera is more concealed and actually looks factory. 

Took the boot handle off then cut a hole in it to make space for the camera. Now am able to put the plate in its original position. Before it was a bit too low. This isn't the finishing pictures just to point out. New holes were drilled to screw the camera brackets in and that tape is removed. That hole is taped up tight and will be sealed. 

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

Where was the camera originally pal? Looks nice and meet there now. New pressed plates look smart! That may be my next purchase, just spent a fortune on detailing products. Going to try my hand at clay barring and may look into a DA polisher if all goes well lol. Also got some H2go for a try and ‘liberated’ a traffic cone to act as a wheel holder while i ceramic coat them. While the wheels are off the calliper sure will get the race red paint treatment too. Lots of plans but very little time, damn you 3yr old daughter and demanding wife 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Where was the camera originally pal? Looks nice and meet there now. New pressed plates look smart! That may be my next purchase, just spent a fortune on detailing products. Going to try my hand at clay barring and may look into a DA polisher if all goes well lol. Also got some H2go for a try and ‘liberated’ a traffic cone to act as a wheel holder while i ceramic coat them. While the wheels are off the calliper sure will get the race red paint treatment too. Lots of plans but very little time, damn you 3yr old daughter and demanding wife 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

The camera was like this originally. Had to move the plate lower and even cut it slightly for it to sit in. Now I'm able to have the plate in its original position and now looks to be space for the plate behind the camera. DSC_0118.thumb.JPG.982ffb9fc0f8cccd7a18eb69c00d4e6e.JPG

I bought 3D gelled plates. The characters are made of gel / ink then stuck on the plate. Will reveal them when my plate holders come hopefully Tuesday and put them on 😉. Just worried about using adhesive pads as I'll worry the plates might fall off. 

If you need any help with detailing / products you can private message me 👍. Nice take things slow. If you doing everything at once you'll end up with nothing else to do to the car. 

• Like 2

I’ve got metal plates but they aren’t pressed and they have AC on the bottom so they went in the bin lol.

i always blur out the front half of my plate when I post online, I’ve had it cloned before now so don’t take any risks. Looking forward to seeing yours.

i used Halfords adhesive tape that is designed for plates and it’s done me fine, directly onto the car itself as I don’t have holders. Just remember to clean both surfaces with an APC or IPA and you should be fine.

i will have no choice but to take it slow, family life is very demanding in my house lol

• Like 2

The gaps between the camera have been sealed up. Eagerly waiting for the plate holders to arrive. Hope I have no problems with them. 

DSC_0363.JPG

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Which plate holders have you got?

I bought these ones. I wanted a slim descreet plate holder so it has a clean look close to like sticking the plates on. Not those thick ones which have advertisement on the bottom. I was originally thinking of using adhesive pads but just worried about the plates might falling of. I originally saw one slimline holder however my dad found this one and got these as there's a lot of reviews on it. Not too keen on those hooks you can see on the sides but I don't think you'll notice it at a distance. These holders are sold out now and I can't find anywhere now that has it in stock so they must be good. Just hope a pair come not just one as it clearly says 2 Pieces and one review stated they only got one. 

DEZENTOFIX CMS License Plate Holder - Top RatedBESTSELLER from Germany, 2 Pieces -NEW! - The long expected DISCREET Solutionfrom GERMANY! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0102N7QN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LFOuDb5SV43BM

Edit: looks like they are back in stock 😊. My dad is saying he might get it for his car when he looks at mine 

• Like 1

I would screw the placeholders on as it suggests, then the plates should just ‘clip’ in to the holder. I would absolutely use tape to secure the plate to the holder because if you can easily clip them in then Mr Plate Thief can easily unclip them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I would screw the placeholders on as it suggests, then the plates should just ‘clip’ in to the holder. I would absolutely use tape to secure the plate to the holder because if you can easily clip them in then Mr Plate Thief can easily unclip them. 

Yeah that's the purpose of getting te plate holders to screw them in. I can't rely on adhesive pads. Yeah security may not be great with these holders so might use those sticky pads between the plate and holder. 

They arrived today luckily a pair. Sealed and waxed my new private plates also. Sadly don't have time today to put them on so have to see tomorrow. Feel shy calling my insurance about the change in reg 😂

_20190813_165812.JPG

Coincidentally I’ve just bought plates for my car. The supplier has some security screws so I’ve bought some to see if they are any good. Will report back!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LondonFiesta said:

Coincidentally I’ve just bought plates for my car. The supplier has some security screws so I’ve bought some to see if they are any good. Will report back!

Security screws as in the type that only have 'half' a flat blade slot?  If so, you can remove them in seconds with pliers or mole grips.  I'd honestly just stick them on with decent adhesive pads.  I've never lost a plate yet!  Does need to be the extra strong grey pads for the front though.  Can usually get away with the cheap white pads on the rear as there's obviously no 70mph wind hitting that one.

Security screws as in the type that only have 'half' a flat blade slot?  If so, you can remove them in seconds with pliers or mole grips.  I'd honestly just stick them on with decent adhesive pads.  I've never lost a plate yet!  Does need to be the extra strong grey pads for the front though.  Can usually get away with the cheap white pads on the rear as there's obviously no 70mph wind hitting that one.

No, these are domed star heads but there’s a little spike in the middle so you need the special tool.

1 - pliars would get there in the end
2 - the car would be damaged
3 - if they bust the spike it won’t be easy to get off

So a good deterrent but not if someone’s equipped. Having had two sets pinched in the past I think I’ll stick to standard fittings and just hope it’s not going to happen again.

Weirdly one set was a personalised plate which I bought as they are less likely to be nicked. London. [emoji2371]

Ah I see, I have a set of those 'special' torx bits with the hole as part of the Halfords socket set.  If it's a common thing now I'd expect the crims to carry the tools for them anyway.

Tbf I've never needed to worry about plates getting stolen, just falling off lol.

With these holders I got they just clip in so no security. I wanted just a discreet slim plate holder so it looks clean near enough the same as if I stuck it on. 

@LondonFiesta that's scary as I live in North London. Would of thought It would be less likely for someone to take a private plate. Had my car for over 2 years and haven't had a problem with plates but you never know. I might stick some adhesive pads on the holder to hold it on tighter. Might not do much but it's something.