zain611

Mk6.5 fiesta zetec s upgrades

Recommended Posts

I see an HID ballast and a dedicated power wire with in line fuse, what is that going to?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I see an HID ballast and a dedicated power wire with in line fuse, what is that going to?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol I'm not really sure about HID wiring but one goes to the battery and the other goes to an earth. The previous owner installed these. My dad is thinking of smartening up the wires and probably reposition the earth. Might get the halos installed on Thursday. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally did the halos. My dad wired them differently to what autobeam said. They say to wire it to the wiring loom. My dad used the wires in the headlights to wire the halo wires in. You can't see the wire which comes out the halo which is good. My phone camera couldn't pick up the halo rings so it looked as though I upgraded the fog lights but my dad's phone managed to pick up the ring. There was a slab in front of the car which my camera was able to pick up the lit up ring. Tomorrow will hopefully do the window regulator. 

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

_20180204_183902.JPG

_20180204_191511.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Finally did the halos. My dad wired them differently to what autobeam said. They say to wire it to the wiring loom. My dad used the wires in the headlights to wire the halo wires in. You can't see the wire which comes out the halo which is good. My phone camera couldn't pick up the halo rings so it looked as though I upgraded the fog lights but my dad's phone managed to pick up the ring. There was a slab in front of the car which my camera was able to pick up the lit up ring. Tomorrow will hopefully do the window regulator. 

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

_20180204_183902.JPG

_20180204_191511.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

Are they bluetooth at all or just that set colour? look cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gommy said:

Are they bluetooth at all or just that set colour? look cool!

These are the sidelights and indicator halo rings from autobeam. These come on white when wired to the sidelights and amber when wired to the indicators on that side (which I need to get a picture of). The ambient rings kit would have that little box which allows the bluetooth function. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you wire them to the indicators too then? I take it the stay on whenever the sidelights are on and don’t dim when the dipped beam come on?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Did you wire them to the indicators too then? I take it the stay on whenever the sidelights are on and don’t dim when the dipped beam come on?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah there both wired to the indicators. I don't think they dim when the main beam is on. Have to see how they look in the dark when on the road. Hopefully they aren't as bright as DRLs. 

Lol I've seen some DRLs and indicator lights for your mondeo. Looks good and looks factory. 

Screenshot_20180203-200152.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen those before, been very tempted by them too. One thing puts me off, and it sounds kinda stupid but the DRL seem to pint towards the inside of the bumper so when they flash as indicators they will look weird. For example if I’m indicating right then the lights will flash and seem to point left. Sounds stupid but I can’t get my head round it lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’ve seen those before, been very tempted by them too. One thing puts me off, and it sounds kinda stupid but the DRL seem to pint towards the inside of the bumper so when they flash as indicators they will look weird. For example if I’m indicating right then the lights will flash and seem to point left. Sounds stupid but I can’t get my head round it lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I get what you mean, as its a chevron pointing to the opposite side it might confuse people when indicating however normally when you see the left side indicate you would assume the person is planning to turn left. 

Also managed to get pics of the indicators in the morning. I like that they flash on and off rather than amber, white. 

_20180206_170254.JPG

_20180206_170214.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done the window regulator. There was a piece which was found and suspect the regulator went wrong at one point and was replaced (might of been second hand) and this one went. The wire on the regulator went wrong which I suspect caused the problem. There was grease on the regulator so a boggit job may of been done by the previous owner. Can now use the driver side window after 9 months of owning the car. I also realised the car has a one touch function for the driver side. 

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0181.JPG

DSC_0182.JPG

DSC_0183.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might upgrade the boot lights by adding a VW bulb holder on the opposite side of the boot and another under the original light. The factory light just doesn't light up the whole boot. Bought some c5w bulbs from autobeam, 2 weren't working so waiting for the replacements to arrive. 

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitted 2 VW bulb holders on the sides of the boot. The replacement c5w bulbs came so used them. The wire was tucked under the boot trim and wired to the original light wire so power is supplied when the boot is open. Also relocated the dash camera as the wipers didn't clear past it. Just waiting for the tape to seal before putting the camera in. 

DSC_0188.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a pair of ST front brake calipers and carriers to help in upgrading the front brakes. The ST has 278mm discs whereas the standard is 258mm. Brembo sadly don't sell 278mm discs however pagid do which isn't bad. Hopefully will post pics of the upgrade. 

The picture is of another ad I've seen of someone selling a pair of ST calipers and carriers. The seller I bought from was selling it for £55 but managed to get it £45 so around £60 including delivery. :smile:

Screenshot_20180307-184135.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, b4zz said:

liking the upgardes fella

Thanks b4zz. Any thoughts on what colour I should paint the calipers? I'm thinking either gloss black, red and I did like the silver which you painted your calipers. The silver gives it that new look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calipers and carriers arrived. Just ordered 278mm pagid discs and pads which will come and hopefully tomorrow will check it on the car. 

DSC_0214.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you planning on a remap or transplant? That’s a fair amount of stopping power for a 1.6 diesel, going to look good though. If your wanting an attention grabbing look then paint them in the ST orange or RS blue/green? If not then I’d give a second vote to silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Are you planning on a remap or transplant? That’s a fair amount of stopping power for a 1.6 diesel, going to look good though. If your wanting an attention grabbing look then paint them in the ST orange or RS blue/green? If not then I’d give a second vote to silver.

Hey Jonro, I don't think I'll go for a bright colour like that however red won't look bad. I can't decide on gloss black, red or silver. I'm planning on getting a remap from hdi tuning. They up the power from 90hp / 207nm to 120hp / 275nm. TomsFocus used them and has had no reliability issues with them and he's done 20k miles on his car so that does make me less worried about using them. The discs have arrived so hopefully tomorrow will check the carriers and that they clear them :smile:

15206010450271528591147.jpg

1520601086761929458340.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So had some time to check the calipers and carriers on the car. Thankfully it all fits in without having to do any modifications to anything. I also found that the ST carriers do not fit over the standard calipers on the car so need BOTH ST calipers and carriers for this conversion. The ST calipers are a bit bigger compared to the standard calipers. Finished at putting in the pads. 

Standard 258mm discs and carrier. Did need to get it changed. 

DSC_0216.thumb.JPG.15b41baf295e176abf7cba7255a0fb1d.JPG

DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.761d9e233adde555362addf6953702d6.JPG

 

Standard disc over the larger one. 

DSC_0218.thumb.JPG.1216cd68e54b4a830d055ed640f4fdd3.JPG

DSC_0219.thumb.JPG.83bf7de5f2f49d6e653cbfd3caa7a7b8.JPG

 

ST size disc (278mm) fitted along with ST carrier. Thankfully it fits. Cleaned the carriers and calipers and removed the remaining brake fluid from one of the ST calipers. 

DSC_0220.thumb.JPG.be185ec03c7b560eced744612b7e26b1.JPG

 

DSC_0221.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, zain611 said:

Thanks b4zz. Any thoughts on what colour I should paint the calipers? I'm thinking either gloss black, red and I did like the silver which you painted your calipers. The silver gives it that new look. 

I would go red or silver for that oem clean look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might go for red but probably won't be painting them till summer. Might not have time today to continue the work but hopefully tomorrow will have both sides changed to the ST calipers, carriers and discs. At the moment one side has the ST carriers, discs and pads. Tightened the bolts for the carriers to calipers to 70nm

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0222.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So finished the conversion. Thankfully the calipers, carriers and discs fit in the wheel. 

Before and after fitting ST calipers, carriers and discs

DSC_0215.thumb.JPG.81dda6e85980b022a33998826c0e8679.JPG

DSC_0228.thumb.JPG.67bb5b3270b997e97abb1fb0ed6cd192.JPG

 

Some extra pictures 

DSC_0224.thumb.JPG.93fbad44fb54c20829892d05a27cfbff.JPG

 

DSC_0225.JPG

DSC_0226.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discs are bedded in now and have to say there's noticeable difference in stopping power. The back end feels like it's going to lift up. Might later get a ST rear disc beam. Nothing on ebay at the moment. Any other suggested places to look? 

DSC_0230.JPG

DSC_0231.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.