zain611

Mk6.5 fiesta zetec s upgrades

Recommended Posts

Been a little occupied from the covid19 stuff and isolation. 

A few weeks back went to sambo's Tyres. Got one of their limited gold stickers and getting the wheels balanced 😁. Got my car featured on their insta story. Screenshot_20200229-102752.thumb.png.2f707cfdb9d795bc1c8ff93a22f4618b.pngScreenshot_20200228-211415.thumb.png.2ad4db48d71551f8d80df2293eb53c9b.png

 

Met the main man himself there. IMG_20200229_153733_407.thumb.jpg.684486b04829e83eec65b02f4892c260.jpg

 

 

Cleaned the car last week during lock down. Sealed it in and put the sambo's Tyres sticker on along with the Ford owners club sticker. 

Screenshot_20200322-091234.png

Screenshot_20200322-091208.png

Screenshot_20200322-163256.png

Screenshot_20200322-091038.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been machine polishing dad's car which came out really well. IMG_20200329_153643_638.thumb.jpg.6bb4a530247445e14fb2110c0439a44b.jpg

 

I also bought another bottle of the insta finish trim magic as the plastics started fading again. Lasted about a year and a half the last application. Did darken the door handles again. Last post I had already applied it hence why the plastics shineScreenshot_20200322-091055.thumb.png.6496231fedbbe3701f1feea9056bffc4.pngScreenshot_20200322-091114.thumb.png.c05dd3e8de5370cedc074bfb9930671a.pngScreenshot_20200322-091127.thumb.png.eac929f5f9f19ab6a9f61cac48b6ca82.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About a month back my autobeam reverse lights started going wrong with both of them flickering. Messaged them with a video for evidence and they sent out a replacement. These bulbs they improved them from the last gen ones I had so basically got an upgrade. 

Comparison between the two. The white one was the old ones. Screenshot_20200330-182749.thumb.png.ecf7d9a80fbf626263417029bb9bab56.png

 

How they look in the light clusterScreenshot_20200330-182811.thumb.png.801ebfcddbaf743afd81836b54ce5c1b.png

 

After. They were a little more brighter which is great. Screenshot_20200330-182801.thumb.png.a02295b6368814a58d398a69bed225e2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some touch up using this touch up paint that one of the previous owners bought. Covered up this mark on the bumper. Screenshot_20200404-154023.thumb.png.a0780597f2e98b2012100edbdedc74eb.png

This was the mark. Screenshot_20200404-170155.thumb.png.a37e45863d90bea0e018f50778cfeee9.png

 

Then touched it up. Hard to see it now. Screenshot_20200404-154046.thumb.png.827b178abfe29853d94690ccefac40a9.pngScreenshot_20200404-154034.thumb.png.66906a3e3a319960efacc43b946b60f1.pngScreenshot_20200404-154059.thumb.png.2d2738371b7941098511da523c4e9f70.png

 

Also a cleaning pictureScreenshot_20200512-233417.thumb.png.5ffc027386e307712ce81785f7e78362.png

 

Something big is coming soon which I'll show very soon when it comes 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys so the biggest visual mod I've ever probably gotten arrived yesterday and here it is 😁Screenshot_20200514-151231.thumb.png.677b9e4cd151ca3008372abddb8a1ce9.png

 

Brand new pair of devil eye headlights 😀. One company was selling these at a good price compared to a seller on eBay wanting an extra £80 for these. Got them as soon as they came back in stock from that company which was good as they sold out within 24 hours. Screenshot_20200514-151239.thumb.png.32bd4ed93b54fe4dc129ee70e5253eeb.pngScreenshot_20200513-001030.thumb.png.b7e78a55b787e5b97de62ea9657bb8ea.png

 

So I went ahead and bought some autobeam performance H1 LED bulbs to go in the projectors before I fit them in. Comes with bulbs already fitted which is good but love to have a nice bright LED bulb in them. Sadly my HIDs and standard headlights are a H4 fitting. I will also put my chrome autobeam performance indicators from the rear to go in these to blend in. Love that they have a projector in them so hopefully they'll give out a proper beam pattern 😁

Screenshot_20200515-234026.thumb.png.ec61448989a51ed5cb025114047b35f1.png

 

Also ordered paint protection film. Some people have said these headlights they had hazed quite quickly so may cover it with ppf to protect it from UV damage. Asked the seller of this confirming its UV resistant and he said it can reject 99% of UV rays. Also with ppf you get the added bonus of protection against stone chips and light scratches. Claims that it can self heal when heat is applied to it. Hope the installation process goes well and the prep though these headlights are still sealed until I get the ppf 👌

Screenshot_20200515-233845.thumb.png.05baac46c80d01ec23a49f988c9371e6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The autobeam performance H1 LED bulbs arrived today. Really love the new boxing. Do look really good quality. Hopefully now just waiting for the ppf to arrive which I think will hopefully arrive tomorrow then can hopefully get started covering the headlights and installing them 😁

Screenshot_20200518-150052.png

Screenshot_20200518-150101.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally the ppf arrived today and got started with covering the headlights.Screenshot_20200522-132627.thumb.png.da4858995a5a2adaae7f5036f4a47366.png 

Headlights taken out the box once again. They have the factory film on it here. Screenshot_20200522-144758.thumb.png.04258c28deec8dc1b290f7a0d63732db.png

 

Cut the ppf to size then started wrapping Screenshot_20200522-144805.thumb.png.c1ef0119bb389e0b179055c2433c1bd4.png

 

Covered them. Was an absolute pain to put on. Screenshot_20200523-003902.thumb.png.7912070beabb25b29eb392f9555b4a22.pngScreenshot_20200522-192118.thumb.png.9f97a593b4fdf029fee87abf60f71deb.png

 

How they look at the moment. Going to let them fully dry overnight then trim the edges down. Really hoping they look good when done. There's several air / water bubbles but people say they'll go over a few days in the sun which I really hope happens. Screenshot_20200522-223544.thumb.png.e2a865f3f869994cb64061237f1aeed2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so 2 days after dad trimmed down the ppf on the sides of the headlights. I used a hairdryer to make sure the ppf isn't stretched and won't shrink any further which luckily it didn't. Folded in the edges with my expired credit card. Think my card has been used the most here than before 😂Screenshot_20200526-013120.thumb.png.0c38bff5f9750fae844512419f281bc7.pngScreenshot_20200527-102052.thumb.png.c1bedaf42fdbc690d1877fbcd52f97ac.pngScreenshot_20200527-102104.thumb.png.b997dd8be24615c825bbd299bee38075.png

 

Then began fitting the autobeam performance H1 LED bulbs. Cut a hole in the dust cover for the fan unit to come out and disperse the heat. Screenshot_20200526-013052.thumb.png.580ee47c042207cb5105aab07dbff468.png

 

Then put autobeam performance indicators in which I had on the rear of the car. Blend in nicely. Now they sell these in a red casing which doesn't help in some cases. Had to compromise and put a standard bulb in the rear. Screenshot_20200526-013109.thumb.png.d371a75a527d3651c83ff45c4ca9a9df.pngScreenshot_20200527-101925.thumb.png.633f0d71f6b4e8d91fcd36b610b3e32f.png

 

Can see the difference. Looking at the new headlights I can now notice how yellowish the old headlights are. _20200526_013035.thumb.JPG.d625f0f21ce0a12f5dc97b36fd7a4f2b.JPG

 

Taped up the wires to protect from wearScreenshot_20200527-102143.thumb.png.ec1f35cd11649d92a484e9adbb0d82ab.png

 

Rewired the halo lights as they were wired into the headlights. Now they are wired into the wiring loom which makes it easier as I don't have to unplug them whenever I remove the headlights. Screenshot_20200527-103242.thumb.png.24b08d41d7e3c6b71e0787f1c1c3f53a.png

 

Finally then fitted the headlights in. There's a slight gap on the bottom of the bumper and light but not too noticeable. All lights work. Can't even tell the ppf is on it which I'm really happy about and the bubbles are hard to see 😁. Time will tell though if the film will stay in place. Screenshot_20200526-161600.thumb.png.4bf06871de4539fc7304510e9c666455.pngScreenshot_20200526-161549.thumb.png.6f659c1fb3ac70b179964a689e1c93e6.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant project, just been reading from start to now. I did see you sent off your injectors to be reconditioned, I know it was a couple of years ago but any chance you still have a phone number for them? I've got a 2008 mk6.5 1.4tdci with Siemons injectors. Got a judder under acceleration which I want to get rectified. I did initially find some injectors, paid for them then got refunded as they never dispatched lol.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for recon of 4 injectors? Trying to weigh it up against how many more years I have from the car in line with the government future laws on emissions.

 

Also might get the old machine polisher out of the shed and give it a go on mine, looking very faded and swirled on mine. Turned out great on yours, any tips? I've heard the lacquer on these can be thin.

Many thanks,

The imaginative lad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The_Imaginative_Lad said:

Brilliant project, just been reading from start to now. I did see you sent off your injectors to be reconditioned, I know it was a couple of years ago but any chance you still have a phone number for them? I've got a 2008 mk6.5 1.4tdci with Siemons injectors. Got a judder under acceleration which I want to get rectified. I did initially find some injectors, paid for them then got refunded as they never dispatched lol.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for recon of 4 injectors? Trying to weigh it up against how many more years I have from the car in line with the government future laws on emissions.l

Also might get the old machine polisher out of the shed and give it a go on mine, looking very faded and swirled on mine. Turned out great on yours, any tips? I've heard the lacquer on these can be thin.

Many thanks,

The imaginative lad

Hey Philip really appreciate you going over the thread 👍

Yeah no problem here is the receipt of it obviously took out my address and part number. They supplied new copper washers with it and you saw how they looked when they came back. I might recommend you doing a leak off test on the injectors to see if one or more might be leaking to be sure its an injector. On mine on a cold start it would start up rough and puff smoke for a little until driven a bit. Previous owner was a con artist and didn't mention it and it seems the address I went to view my car was his friends house so he got to warm the car up on the drive there. 

 Screenshot_20200628-121555.thumb.png.c21c112b89d9fef019874f793c7227f1.png

 

In terms of machine polishing it's not that hard on fords as the clear coat on them aren't as hard so not much time needed for working on each panel. A DA polisher with a compound or polish with 2 or 3 passes may be enough then finish off with a finishing polish to remove any holograms 👍. Compound I used Koch chemie H8.02 then britemax blackmax for finishing polish. 

This was just 3 weeks back (over a year ago machine polishing) and it still looks good but scratches are coming back. Screenshot_20200605-152045.thumb.png.27b6ffe52a86a53cb8d9f8f6380db204.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Hey Philip really appreciate you going over the thread 👍

Yeah no problem here is the receipt of it obviously took out my address and part number. They supplied new copper washers with it and you saw how they looked when they came back. I might recommend you doing a leak off test on the injectors to see if one or more might be leaking to be sure its an injector. On mine on a cold start it would start up rough and puff smoke for a little until driven a bit. Previous owner was a con artist and didn't mention it and it seems the address I went to view my car was his friends house so he got to warm the car up on the drive there. 

 Screenshot_20200628-121555.thumb.png.c21c112b89d9fef019874f793c7227f1.png

 

In terms of machine polishing it's not that hard on fords as the clear coat on them aren't as hard so not much time needed for working on each panel. A DA polisher with a compound or polish with 2 or 3 passes may be enough then finish off with a finishing polish to remove any holograms 👍. Compound I used Koch chemie H8.02 then britemax blackmax for finishing polish. 

This was just 3 weeks back (over a year ago machine polishing) and it still looks good but scratches are coming back. Screenshot_20200605-152045.thumb.png.27b6ffe52a86a53cb8d9f8f6380db204.png

Thanks Zain661,

Yeah I've done all I can with the injectors now, only last thing is to recon/buy a new set. I was also conned into it, since the last owner only used back and forth to the shops, which really shown on the first drive back home from buying it. Thick black soot, all cleared off now after some harsh throttle treatment and redex. I thought the juddering would clear off, and it was hardly even that evident then just a little hiccup that did improve slightly to almost non existent and then more recently had gotten worse quickly.

Anyway, will give them a call when I can afford to park up the car for a few days. I'll also take a look at finding some compound and polishing it whilst it's idle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Imaginative_Lad said:

Thanks Zain661,

Yeah I've done all I can with the injectors now, only last thing is to recon/buy a new set. I was also conned into it, since the last owner only used back and forth to the shops, which really shown on the first drive back home from buying it. Thick black soot, all cleared off now after some harsh throttle treatment and redex. I thought the juddering would clear off, and it was hardly even that evident then just a little hiccup that did improve slightly to almost non existent and then more recently had gotten worse quickly.

Anyway, will give them a call when I can afford to park up the car for a few days. I'll also take a look at finding some compound and polishing it whilst it's idle

Best thing is they arrange a courier to pick the injectors up from you then it only took about 3 days for it to come back from them 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some time back on a hot day I went to the local shop with the AC on and noticed after I just parked up I saw smoke coming from the front right hand side of the car. Turned the AC off and looked for any problems. Turned the AC on and it wasn't engaging. That smoke was the gas leaking out. 

Today took off the bumper to diagnose where the leak might of been. Looks like the condenser is the culprit the brackets holding the intercooler rusted off and so was hitting the condenser. 

Removed the bumper 

Screenshot_20200708-005716.thumb.png.469421c7164b66944cdb8a7254e20de8.pngScreenshot_20200708-005724.thumb.png.7f2d22921b9c597a4c309aa4cf26c13f.png

 

Then the intercooler. The damage can be seen where the intercooler was making contact with this part of the condenser. There's a hole there so must be the cause of the gas leak. Screenshot_20200708-005733.thumb.png.560204d2c4381715e83b3c79ee3e0998.pngScreenshot_20200708-005740.thumb.png.41f139aa1a95ad2a0601a8fa161e10c6.png

 

Removed the condenser so the radiator is exposed. Screenshot_20200708-005751.thumb.png.ce8aae1211002de032218c802e71282a.png

 

Condenser removed. The part that was damaged is on the other side Screenshot_20200708-005803.thumb.png.e930ab95a97a266802cf28f62884943e.png

Screenshot_20200708-005809.thumb.png.07b0badca954f9909dbfe40b8dfba1c0.png

 

Radiator is left on. Cleaned it up from dirt. 

Screenshot_20200708-005819.thumb.png.ebd093267a5b07e7163eac9f8f6ace7e.png

 

So ordered a new condenser and some O rings which fit on the intercooler as they were rusted. Hopefully that solves that and I can get my AC regassed and enjoy it again 😊. Hopefully tomorrow it'll arrive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.