Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeping

MAttka

Hi I have a Ford Focus Ghia 2L Petrol 2007, I'm getting a beeping noise from starting or ignition on which is about five seconds long and it repeats every one minute and it does this for nearly an hour before it stops. No strange lights on dash. Checked doors lights etc, any ideas please?

Where is the sound coming from? It doesn't sound like any warning beep i've had from my own car, it is entirely possible it is from something aftermarket (parking sensors, tracker, black box, etc). Have a hunt round listening.

Edit: Similar beep reported from similar year of car, was fixed by having seatbelts buckled when turning on ignition. I think this is the American seatbelt minder thing where it beeps continuously, unlike the UK/EU seemingly standard one of beeping only after a short time of driving: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=88718

Its coming from the same place as the other beeps/chimes come from and its the same tone just longer, It's a strange one. Can't figure out what it is!:huh:

I had seen that post about the seatbelt and tried it which didn't work. The seatbelt warning sounds different which does come on and stops after it is fastened. The seatbelt warning is a series of short beeps as apposed to a long one.