Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EcoBoost 1.5 knocking sound

otas

Hello All. I have Focus 2017 1.5 EcoBoost. I have found knocking sound at idle if the engine has operating temperature. Sound is exactly the same as following. Mileage is 8.000 km. Is it normal sound or not? Thank you for answer.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't hear anything unusual. The modern ecoboosts do sound like diesels at idle due to high pressure injectors and the like. 

You are right, there is usual sound comes from high pressure injectors. But also you can hear irregular knocking in the background. This is the sound which I mean.

Have you seen this thread? Does it sound like that?

Not the same. I have an issue only at idle 750 RPM  after the engine is warming up.

Does the sound alter at all if you depress the clutch? Could be a dodgy dmf.

When I first got my Focus 1.6 ecoboost 180 I opened the bonnet and heard what I now know to be the injectors clicking, but otherwise it is as quiet as a lamb especially when warm. I've listened to the video a few times and it sounds just like my Focus sounds. If the dealership are not helping contact Ford directly. Personally it sounds the same as what mine did. The only issue I have had is that it loses coolant and needs regular topping up every other month, though it has been pressure tested and no faults have been found.

• 6 years later...
On 12/17/2017 at 5:07 PM, Lars G said:

When I first got my Focus 1.6 ecoboost 180 I opened the bonnet and heard what I now know to be the injectors clicking, but otherwise it is as quiet as a lamb especially when warm. I've listened to the video a few times and it sounds just like my Focus sounds. If the dealership are not helping contact Ford directly. Personally it sounds the same as what mine did. The only issue I have had is that it loses coolant and needs regular topping up every other month, though it has been pressure tested and no faults have been found.

this is part 2 of 2 of recall 17s09. Ford only declared part 1 (because the coolant leaks to same area). fix in my video but its the copper washers in the turbo banjo cooling tubes. passes pressure test because only leaks when turbo very hot... from underneath these banjo bolts need to be torqued to 10Nm at least twice 3000miles apart [turbo to get very hot 😉 ] 

Just now, VaporTrail said:

this is part 2 of 2 of recall 17s09. Ford only declared part 1 (because the coolant leaks to same area). fix in my video but its the copper washers in the turbo banjo cooling tubes. passes pressure test because only leaks when turbo very hot... from underneath these banjo bolts need to be torqued to 10Nm at least twice 3000miles apart [turbo to get very hot 😉 ] 

great car by the way (MZR + Ford turbo 182bhp: add Eibach springs then it just might be IT

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club