Do Not Sell My Personal Information

59 focus 1.6 titanium breaks

Skybanger

Hey guys 

Noticed in this poor weather my car stopping doesn't seem to be the best and abs locking in too easy sliding over man hole covers so the tyres are going to get changed. But breaks when doing gental breaking I'm getting vibration through the steering wheel so I'm going to change pads and discs. Any recommendations?? 

Also how hard would it be to upgrade to St calipers discs pads. 

And I'm sure the rear is drum breaks is there a guide to make a disc conversion? 

Cheers

I've seen a guide on here for the rear drum conversion, it's in here somewhere! (I just can't find it)

edit...found it (the 2nd post down contains a forum link to the PDF document:

Sounds like your front discs are warped I would recommend sticking with OE ford parts.  Cheap front discs seem to warp very easily.  Ive heard good things about Brembo discs and pads but they are similar in price to ford discs.  I have just put a set of ford discs and pads on my focus.

1 hour ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

Sounds like your front discs are warped I would recommend sticking with OE ford parts.  Cheap front discs seem to warp very easily.  Ive heard good things about Brembo discs and pads but they are similar in price to ford discs.  I have just put a set of ford discs and pads on my focus.

My front disc are vented Brembo with EBS yellowstuff pads, been on about 2 years now, driven hard and currently not generating any vibrations etc.  I suspect the Ford discs aren't bad but the pads fade badly when pushed hard (in my experience) they also generate huge amounts of dust.

Heard some good things about EBC green stuff pads was tempted to try them to be honest just for the reduced dust.  However I never experienced any fade from the original fords pads to be honest.  How fast do you drive???? 

It was more when I used to have hire cars to for a twice weekly 3 hours commute, often would get a MK3.5 Focus and once off the motorway there were a few national speed limit dual carriageways with lots of roundabouts to "navigate".  So I'd often take the opportunity to explore the limits of performance :whistling: (at least once I'd driven one of the hire cars the brakes could be considered to be "well bedded in") :whip:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club