Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo with no aux

Keeks

Hello all,

New to this group and wanted to ask some advice, My first car is a 2005 fiesta and whilst it is a fine car to start with, one gripe is that the stereo does not have an AUX socket, or if it does I just cannot find it.

The stereo I have is 4500 RDS E.O.N..

I was wondering whether it was possible to install one or to upgrade the stereo to one with an aux, i.e my brothers fiesta was a 2006 and his had one, just not mine.

Any advice welcomed.

You might be able to take it out and replace it with a new stereo with aux and bluetooth for example.

Im not sure what DIN size that one is, I did put in 2006 fiesta into the Halfords website and they said they'd have to have a look at it first, so maybe you could look into taking it to a Halfords although I don't know if they'd look at it for free, maybe give them a call.

Cheers.  I was planning to visit them but thought it worthwhile to gain some knowledge here

Being my first car I am new to all this so I apologise if this has been asked before.

Well normally the things you would need is a fascia adapter to convert it to a standard DIN size and some other accessories to convert the plugs at the back.

They fascias look similar to this

255802.thumb.jpeg.5571a702ce2c6a019c9c003aaa91e93f.jpeg

The reason I say take it to Halfords is because it will probably be easier (they should be able to tell you exactly what parts are needed, you don't necessarily have to buy it from them) but you could do some searching.

This one says it's for a fiesta between 2002 - 2005 but I can't be sure.

Cheers, I did see those on eBay but as I am unsure what my options are with no AUX socket I didn't purchase anything.  I am assuming fitting an aux would be relatively easy though.  I will take it along to Halfords for some advice.

To be honest if there was a way of keeping my stereo but just adding an aux that would be fine, I don't need a fancy stereo, I just want to listen to my music.

9 minutes ago, Keeks said:

Cheers, I did see those on ebay but as I am unsure what my options are with no AUX socket I didn't purchase anything.  I am assuming fitting an aux would be relatively easy though.  I will take it along to Halfords for some advice.

To be honest if there was a way of keeping my stereo but just adding an aux that would be fine, I don't need a fancy stereo, I just want to listen to my music.

Fitting AUX to the current stereo would maybe be possible but it would probably be a hacky and not so easy way of doing it, if possible at all (tapping into wires and stuff like that) and I don't really know much about that.

Other than doing what @ToXIcG said, your best bet is to get an FM transmitter - Link here. There are car specific ones which plug into the cigarette lighter and transmit a short distance FM wave which your car gets tuned into and and plays as if it was a radio station. The sound quality won't be as good as getting a new unit and having an aux leak, but you can listen to your own music like you wanted. Can pick them up for around £10-£15.

30 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Other than doing what @ToXIcG said, your best bet is to get an FM transmitter - Link here. There are car specific ones which plug into the cigarette lighter and transmit a short distance FM wave which your car gets tuned into and and plays as if it was a radio station. The sound quality won't be as good as getting a new unit and having an aux leak, but you can listen to your own music like you wanted. Can pick them up for around £10-£15.

Of course, silly me, an FM transmitter is a great solution (although I don't know if they work well but I'd assume so)

is this a mk6 or a mk6.5 ? , mk6 has front indicators in top of headlights, mk6.5 has front indicators in bottom of  headlights.   the stereos are different in mk6 and mk6.5 

Is there an aux button but no socket? Mine had the button but no socket and Ford sell a socket that fits in the centre console and plugs into the back of the stereo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club