Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 1.6 2007

Jarred1.6

Just bought my first car. A 2007 Black Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 and have started to buy things for it to change the looks at the moment and then will maybe move onto modifications for performance. Will be posting very soon when things arrive.

Can't wait to see. The first mod I'd say I'd do is upgrade the lights to LED. 

Heard a lot about but haven’t got around to doing research into it but thank you for the suggestion!

Took the original grey dash panel off as well as the air vent panels and replaced them with carbon wrapped to fit in with the black car better

682F5C5A-2B3A-444C-9774-C46943ED3D6A.jpeg

87F78F39-2B90-452A-AEB7-BF3AF26A01DA.jpeg

Replaced the original grey gearshift knob with a black one

B2D30D79-9A7A-4B97-90D2-E89D1DF1319F.jpeg

image.jpg

Took off the origincal chrome surrounded front grille as the badge was scratched and seemed to not fit correct and replaced with a black front grille as it looks nice with the front fog light pods

DEC68CEB-D59B-4CE9-A0C3-42290F100E0C.jpeg

6125D3A5-729E-43AC-ACA5-1749A22ACEE4.jpeg

Is an improvement. I kind of like the original gear knob but that could be because I have the same one on my fiesta ZS. Don't get why ford put a silver stereo surround. It kind of makes the car look cheap. But a least they give a black surround. In my previous car I wrapped the air vent covers in carbon fibre. Probably I had was it didn't properly clip in so had to dremal the back but sadly the wrap started to peel off the edges. Dechroming the grill I like. My dad bought a matte black boot trim back when he had his mk1 focus to replace the chrome one. 

11 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Is an improvement. I kind of like the original gear knob but that could be because I have the same one on my fiesta ZS. Don't get why ford put a silver stereo surround. It kind of makes the car look cheap. But a least they give a black surround. In my previous car I wrapped the air vent covers in carbon fibre. Probably I had was it didn't properly clip in so had to dremal the back but sadly the wrap started to peel off the edges. Dechroming the grill I like. My dad bought a matte black boot trim back when he had his mk1 focus to replace the chrome one. 

Thanks for the support and your opinion. I’m not much of a fan of grey so I had to change it. I bought the vents prewrapped as I don’t have hw time or skill to do it myself, hopefully they last. 

At least it came prewrapped. You don't have to worry about it peeling off. You should look at upgrading the lights to LED 

This is what I've upgraded on my car in terms of the lights. I've found the premium indicators from autobeam to be really good 

_20171106_191129.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

_20170812_002509.JPG

Yeah I’m really considering that just haven’t got around to doing any research but when I do, I’ll first look at autobeam, thanks :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just some updates:

Bought a useful cigarette adapter unit that first in the area nicely which spits the original into 4 USB plugs and 3 cigarette ports which is really useful for me as I’ll be driving my mates around a lot so they can change their phones.

Bought an led kit for my foot wells which wired nicely and simply turns on with a click of a button that’s in a cigarette port.

Bought some floor mats.

Bought some new control knobs for the aircon etc that give the car a more model look and may be visible in the next photo.

Bought some and used a CTVFOX002 cable for a while to use aux with my phone for music but then when I bought a Pumpkin Stereo (shown in the photo) I uninstalled it as the stereo has bluetooth and pretty much everything you could ask for.

Photo will be added soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought some aluminium pedal pads because the original rubber pads were way too boring.

1138A6CE-D636-4743-8BDE-CDC997ECDA61.jpeg

Do those mirrors make a difference? I was looking at ST pedal covers but sadly the covers are integrated into the pedals so will cost a bit to get. 

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Do those mirrors make a difference? I was looking at ST pedal covers but sadly the covers are integrated into the pedals so will cost a bit to get. 

Yeah, loads, I’ve never found any type of parking so easy, for less than £10, you really can’t go wrong. Yeah I’ve been looking at them as well and couldn’t really find any nice ones, these do the job, I just wanted something that looks nicer than the rubber and they feel surprising strong and well built.

9 hours ago, Jarred1.6 said:

Bought some aluminium pedal pads because the original rubber pads were way too boring.

1138A6CE-D636-4743-8BDE-CDC997ECDA61.jpeg

*stainless steel

Edited by Jarred1.6

On 02/02/2018 at 9:23 AM, Jarred1.6 said:

Just some updates:

Bought a useful cigarette adapter unit that first in the area nicely which spits the original into 4 USB plugs and 3 cigarette ports which is really useful for me as I’ll be driving my mates around a lot so they can change their phones.

Bought an led kit for my foot wells which wired nicely and simply turns on with a click of a button that’s in a cigarette port.

Bought some floor mats.

Bought some new control knobs for the aircon etc that give the car a more model look and may be visible in the next photo.

Bought some and used a CTVFOX002 cable for a while to use aux with my phone for music but then when I bought a Pumpkin Stereo (shown in the photo) I uninstalled it as the stereo has Bluetooth and pretty much everything you could ask for.

Photo will be added soon.

Photo of the new stereo and control knobs with slightly showing the footwell LED’s turned on at the press of the red button.

48EB4398-E45E-44E4-975D-C8B7F39257EF.jpeg

Done one of the most needed changes of getting a new aerial. Had to get a new aerial base as well because when taking the old one off, the screw holding between them snapped. Really easy replacement though

596B68A5-A291-4633-A572-C5DE90955FCF.jpeg

• Like 1

How is the reception? better than oem? Mine is snapped too, and I want something shorter with just as good reception as oem.

Yeah it works just as good as the previous aerial and looks a lot better

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club