Do Not Sell My Personal Information

next turn in 9999 mls???

carparkthrasher

Hi all!

Am loving my new Focus estate but have one puzzling issue that I thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced. Am currently using the built in navigation via Sync 3 - when combined with Ford Pass and live traffic seems to do me OK - always have tomtom GO on the phone as back up! What I am finding is that more often than not, the distance to the next turning (for example) will be different on the main touch screen and the right hand side of the instrument cluster screen. For example, the voice and the touchscreen will show the junction as 200 yards away but the instrument cluster, cut down version of directions will show 250 miles or 9999 mls or something else well out. Another journey it will be fine and both screens will match - am not sure of any common link or combinations of in car entertainment or items plugged in that could be causing this.

Anyone else come across this?

Cheers!

Simon

I have noticed this too.
May be down to a software glitch.
I'm due to take my car in for a courtesy new car headlight alignment check so will ask about this when I do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My dad had the same issue on his. I've not noticed on mine as i only use Google maps for my nav...

I'll still ask at the dealers when I go later today however.

• Like 1

Cheers both! Apologies for delay, haven't got notifications coming through.....tinkering needed!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers both! Apologies for delay, haven't got notifications coming through.....tinkering needed!
I used mine travelling to Newcastle over the weekend worked fine for me. Maybe drive having the data on your linked phone turned on.

That's the thing i did different from my dad when his was doing the same as yours.

• 1 year later...

I hate to resurrect this, but I've been having this problem since I upgraded from Sync 1.1 to Sync 3.   I seem to remember flashing the donor car's AsBuilt, which changed the theme of the IPC (the display in the cluster) to a black and dark blue theme.  I still havent fixed it, but i think the problem lies in the AsBuilt of the IPC rather than the AsBuilt of the APIM.

There are a few people on other ford related forums (which cshall be nameless) that have the same problem, never to be resolved.  I hope to solve it eventually and I'll repost here with what I find out.

2 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

I hate to resurrect this, but I've been having this problem since I upgraded from Sync 1.1 to Sync 3.   I seem to remember flashing the donor car's AsBuilt, which changed the theme of the IPC (the display in the cluster) to a black and dark blue theme.  I still havent fixed it, but i think the problem lies in the AsBuilt of the IPC rather than the AsBuilt of the APIM.

There are a few people on other ford related forums (which cshall be nameless) that have the same problem, never to be resolved.  I hope to solve it eventually and I'll repost here with what I find out.

Phil I never had this issue. Then I chanced my cluster to - branded with nav. Then got the fault. Not managed to change it back yet to deffo rule it was that. But it was fine then wasn’t and that was the last I changed. 

Is the graphics theme of your cluster black, fading to dark blue at the bottom?

I'm almost certain that this is a AsBuild IPC issue. Luke is very kindly going to send me the dump file of his AsBuilts. Could you please do the same, at least for your IPC?

That way I can start to compare and see if I can figure it out.

I also ought to reacquire my original .abt and compare...

Thing is, the APIM isn't so hard to decode, as the settings are all in a nice text list in the hidden Sync3 menu, so it's easy to correlate what changes when you edit the .abt.

As far as I know, there's no such option for the IPC. There's the dash diagnostics menu but that just gauge sweep. etc.

Unless someone like @iantt might know where a plain text readout of the IPC configuration might be found??! 

Ok, so I managed to sort this, but I'm not sure how!

As far as I can tell, it's NOT in the IPC AsBuilt (.abt).  Another forum user (who has done a Sync 3 upgrade but didnt have this nav issue) kindly sent me their .abt files for APIM and IPC.  Changing the IPC .abt didnt do anything, but overwriting my APIM with his data (after backing up) solved the problem.

I restored my own APIM .abt afterwards and the nav remained correct.  The only thing I noticed was that although the donor did not have the climate repeater enabled and I did, after restoring my backup, the nav repeater remained disabled.  I'm not too bothered, as it never worked properly on my car (the temp controls were crossed over), so I consider this a win.

I have found in my testing with APIM data, that sometimes settings don't take effect immediately, or affects a different setting to the one the data describes...

So for those following with the same problem, try and disable the nav repeater in the AsBuilt - its odd, but worth a try.  If not (or if you never had it enabled), get hold of an .abt for an APIM of a car which does not have the problem.  Back yours up, then overwrite.  Hopefully the nav is working correctly.  Then restore your backup again and see if it sticks!

Not very technical, but this is Ford we are dealing with here...

Link to Google drive for APIM and IPC .abt files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jZpPREzRaBuwG8rAtuEKcGJuV1rxLBEO

These were from a Sync 3 upgraded vehicle with 'working' nav, but the other options may differ from yours, so you may enable/disable things you don't want.

Make a backup of your own data first.

Use at your own risk!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club