Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone got directional tyres?

Steven Dark

Has anyone got directional tyres? and how do you find them?

Do you mean, directional, like the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3?

goodyear_eagle_f1.jpg

Do you mean, directional, like the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3?

goodyear_eagle_f1.jpg

Yep yep.. thats what i mean

Any tyre garage can get you this sort of tyre. However it is illegal to have 2 different tyre tread patterns on a car. You would have to change all 4 tyres if you want this sort of tyre

These are very easy to fit.

You will find a directional arrow on the side wall of a tire. This is the way the wheel should follow.

Hope this helps

SORRY, I THOUGH YOU SAID FIT !!

Sorry all... by me saying "how do you find them" i mean how do you find driving with them.

And yeah, i know all 4 have to be changed..

Any tyre garage can get you this sort of tyre. However it is illegal to have 2 different tyre tread patterns on a car. You would have to change all 4 tyres if you want this sort of tyre

I thought that the law was essentially that there must not be mixing on the same axel, unless there are more turnable axels (where they too must be the same construction?)

I have the Eagle F1 GSD3 at the front and ContiSport2 at the back. Totally legal.

The F1's are amazingly grippy in the dry; very good too in the wet. The only problem is the softer compound really - won't get quite as many miles as a more economical piece of rubber.

Had these too on the ST170 and the cornering ability was immensely good. Shame the power wasn't quite as good as the handling.

I thought that the law was essentially that there must not be mixing on the same axel, unless there are more turnable axels (where they too must be the same construction?)

I have the Eagle F1 GSD3 at the front and ContiSport2 at the back. Totally legal.

The F1's are amazingly grippy in the dry; very good too in the wet. The only problem is the softer compound really - won't get quite as many miles as a more economical piece of rubber.

Had these too on the ST170 and the cornering ability was immensely good. Shame the power wasn't quite as good as the handling.

Im not sure on the mixing at all. currently have 2 Eagle F1 GSD3's on the drivers side. And the bog standard hankooks on the passenger side, but this will only be until wednesday. They didnt have 4 in for me to get fitted, and cant get in till wednesday as ford have my car tomorrow for a 4 wheel alignment.

Car does feel grippier already, even with the two on at the moment, but i guess most decent tyres will feel better than the hankooks.

Im not sure on the mixing at all. currently have 2 Eagle F1 GSD3's on the drivers side. And the bog standard hankooks on the passenger side, but this will only be until wednesday. They didnt have 4 in for me to get fitted, and cant get in till wednesday as ford have my car tomorrow for a 4 wheel alignment.

Car does feel grippier already, even with the two on at the moment, but i guess most decent tyres will feel better than the hankooks.

You want the same tyres on the same axel really - the wear will be totally different between different tyres at the front otherwise.

You want the same tyres on the same axel really - the wear will be totally different between different tyres at the front otherwise.

Yeah.. i know.. they said theyd only do one side, not both front or both back (weird). The other two are getting done in the week. and wont be using the car until Wednesday anyway, so the tyres aren't going to get worn.

Is the Goodyear Eagle better than the Toyo Proxes?

Personal preference I guess. Most people like one or the other, but to be totally fair, they will have different characteristics on different rim sizes and cars in general. I found my Eagle F1s to be slightly better on the 170, but then it had a better suspension setup.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club