Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED driving light unit failure not repairable

Overland

Had our first rather costly failure on a 14 plate of the head light units led fail, the cost £330 and as it is well stuck together we couldn't get it apart to repair a most likely a penny worth of a component, at least it wasn't as costly so I was told as a BMW rear light similar unit of over £550 worth. Anyone  repaired these?

I assume it is a strip of LED lights in the headlamp unit. Mine is.  Did the whole strip fail or just one of the individual LEDs? 

I don't think all of these mk7.5 fiestas have LED day time lights. It might be possible to use the the non LED headlights on them maybe, I have not tried it.  I would imagine they would have made the wiring plug different to cause grief to anyone  who wants to try this.

No joy at a breakers yard for a good working 2nd hand replacement?

The hole strip failed, its funny when I first read and was told how reliable LEDs were and could stand a huge voltage range, but when I was trying to put some together that took  1.5 volts so four used in series = 6 volts I was told it needed a stabilised voltage unit or they wouldn't last very long, so its those that fail as they seem they can't stand any abuse from the elements. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club