Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advise needed! ABS, GPS...

Victory

Morning all..

in need of some advise.. took my car to garage to have new clutch as its been slipping so knew it needed new one.

So took it in new clutch put in all fine .. noticed knocking on full lock when i got it home.. gradually got worst so took it back up to the garage.

Guy whips the wheel off and discovers some plank didn't seat the driveshaft properly on the passenger side , so after doing that he gives it a run and all good.

Queue me getting in the car drive about mile up the road, ABS light comes on, traction control off, hill start off, speedo drops to 0 , steering gets heavy, and engine management light comes on, so turn it around and go back, guy says might be damage ABS sensor or ring but cant look at it today ( this was 6pm yesterday) so im booked in on monday morning for diagnostic..

CAR ONLY NEEDED A CLUTCH!!!

anyone have any advise.. do you think its the sensor they have buggered up on the passenger wheel thats causing all these issues? also another thing is since they did the clutch my GPS has now started give me no signal as well?? so any suggestions on that too.

Thanks all!!!

• Sad 1

They have most likely damaged a sensor or the bearing/reluctor ring doing the work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stef123 said:

They have most likely damaged a sensor or the bearing/reluctor ring doing the work. 

cheers , thats what i think they have done too.. so annoying it causes so many issues!

42 minutes ago, Victory said:

cheers , thats what i think they have done too.. so annoying it causes so many issues!

Just make sure you stand your ground and ensure they fix it for free.

• Like 1

Just now, 1979Damian said:

Just make sure you stand your ground and ensure they fix it for free.

absolutely fella! they buggered it up they can fix it.. cost me nearly 2 hours in driving there and back .. only thing thats bothering me is the GPS they didn't seem know anything and denied they did anything.. i know the battery was disconnected , does anyone know what i might need check.. i know theres common fault with the gps aerials getting water ingress but seems too much of a coincidence.

• Like 1

On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 the speed is calculated by the ABS module based on the ABS sensors and programmed tire size. The calculated speed is transmitted over the CANbus system to every CANbus module that requires the speed signal. If one of the ABS sensors does not output a correct signal the ABS module can not calculate the correct speed. This can cause problems with all functionality that requires the speed signal.

Next to the GPS antenna the SatNav system also uses the speed signal to calculate the position of the vehicle. A missing or incorrect speed signal can cause GPS problems.

• Like 6

Thanks all for help.. it was the bearing ring that was smashed to bits.. took them the day to fix it but everything is all ok now.

Still have the issue with GPS though so im suspecting it may be the aerial.. what are others using to replace the aerial? my DAB is rather sketchy too at times.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:53 PM, JW1982 said:

On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 the speed is calculated by the ABS module based on the ABS sensors and programmed tire size. The calculated speed is transmitted over the CANbus system to every CANbus module that requires the speed signal. If one of the ABS sensors does not output a correct signal the ABS module can not calculate the correct speed. This can cause problems with all functionality that requires the speed signal.

Next to the GPS antenna the SatNav system also uses the speed signal to calculate the position of the vehicle. A missing or incorrect speed signal can cause GPS problems.

Great technical info mate, Appreciated. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club