Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Fiesta - issues with build quality

JackAndrew1995

On 4/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, Elliotdean said:

I am having problems with my Ford Fiesta mk8 st Line. 

1: the engine occurs a really odd ticking noise when idling and it comes and goes. 

2: when I am steering and braking at low speeds there is a really odd creaking noise and at times it’s quite loud. 

3: my passenger seat rattles when stationary with the engine running. 

My car has only done 10,000 miles, just wondering if anyone can help me out n let me know if anyone else is having similar problems. 

My passenger seat wobbles on idle and also the ticking noise too. I also have a passenger seat creak noise has anyone on here know what it is. Also because I have a 3 door does the cover on the seats come off as they look like they are zipped on? Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my 1 year old Fiesta ST 6 weeks ago and it has constant rattles and squeaks when driving, no matter the terrain I am on. Also the dirt edge protectors that come out automatically do not seen to fully hug the door on 3 of my doors! So frustrating. Taking it in on the 10th for warranty investigation for the door edge protectors. Will update regarding this if anyone wants to know.

13 hours ago, leoku89 said:

I picked up my 1 year old Fiesta ST 6 weeks ago and it has constant rattles and squeaks when driving, no matter the terrain I am on. Also the dirt edge protectors that come out automatically do not seen to fully hug the door on 3 of my doors! So frustrating. Taking it in on the 10th for warranty investigation for the door edge protectors. Will update regarding this if anyone wants to know.

My edge protectors are the same on the rear (less used) doors.

From what I read it's fairly common.

7 hours ago, tef89 said:

I'm having the issue on all 4 doors at the moment. Decided to take it in tomorrow for inspection. Will update with results of the issue. They will hopefully look at my drivers side front wheel as the paint is starting to flake away (ST 18" Alloys)

On 1/2/2020 at 9:57 AM, tef89 said:

So my update with this issue is they have had a look at my door edge protectors and the flaking alloys. Ford head office have instructed the branch that they are fully aware of the "Extremely common fault with the door edge protectors and are working on a permanent fix" they have advised to not bother repairing the existing ones as the fault will occur again. Ford will contact me when they have found a permanent fix and then will go from there.

Now regarding my flaking alloys they are aware this is also a common issue and have ordered me 2 brand new alloys to swap out (these alloys and door edge protectors are covered under warranty) 

So quite good they are going to sort both my issues free of charge. I will update with their "permanent fix" in the future if I ever hear back haha 

50 minutes ago, leoku89 said:

So my update with this issue is they have had a look at my door edge protectors and the flaking alloys. Ford head office have instructed the branch that they are fully aware of the "Extremely common fault with the door edge protectors and are working on a permanent fix" they have advised to not bother repairing the existing ones as the fault will occur again. Ford will contact me when they have found a permanent fix and then will go from there.

Now regarding my flaking alloys they are aware this is also a common issue and have ordered me 2 brand new alloys to swap out (these alloys and door edge protectors are covered under warranty) 

So quite good they are going to sort both my issues free of charge. I will update with their "permanent fix" in the future if I ever hear back haha 

Thanks for the update Liam, hopefully the permanent fix will be quicker than the GPS failure fix that has been two years in the making 🙂

Result on the alloys as well.  Shouldn't really happen but good that they're replacing them.

• 6 months later...

I have a Mk8 Titanium 1.0 100PS. Mine is currently in the dealership having a gearbox teardown after only 19k. Hill Asst. stopped working, and it's been through 3 Sensors, and new "gear linkage". It's also had "hose" replaced and the drivers window motor "greased and calibrated", those last few being in brackets since it's under question whether anything actually happened. In total it's been back 6 times, all this has happened in the last 6/7 months, and frankly, I can't wait to get rid of it.

I also installed within a week of purchase, Bosch wipers and some uprated headlights to improve the 1 candle watt power ones that come from the factory.

Everywhere else it's fine, which is a shame because this car has potential. Brilliant car, just put together with a meccano toolset apparently. Economy is good though, 52mpg avg.

• 8 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, Elliotdean said:

I am having problems with my Ford Fiesta mk8 st Line. 

1: the engine occurs a really odd ticking noise when idling and it comes and goes. 

2: when I am steering and braking at low speeds there is a really odd creaking noise and at times it’s quite loud. 

3: my passenger seat rattles when stationary with the engine running. 

My car has only done 10,000 miles, just wondering if anyone can help me out n let me know if anyone else is having similar problems. 

I've got a 2018 fiesta st line and have the same issue with the creaking when turning and braking at slow speed. Ford changed the offside top mount but I still have the problem. I'm fed up and the goes to ford next week.also the EML has now  come on, Great! 

My 2020 Active, 5500 miles goes in tomorrow morning. The EML came on on Saturday morning and the Ford App said it is an exhaust/emissions sensor electrical issue. Hoping its just an O2 sensor.

3 hours ago, Nismex said:

My 2020 Active, 5500 miles goes in tomorrow morning. The EML came on on Saturday morning and the Ford App said it is an exhaust/emissions sensor electrical issue. Hoping its just an O2 sensor.

Good luck, I'm losing faith in ford. 

Good luck. I'm losing faith in ford. 

The Mrs last StLx 18 plate had an O2 sensor fail after about 400 miles. It happens.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

The Mrs last StLx 18 plate had an O2 sensor fail after about 400 miles. It happens.

Just got it back, as you say, was an O2 sensor. All sorted 🙂

On 4/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, Breitling1111 said:

I've got a 2018 fiesta st line and have the same issue with the creaking when turning and braking at slow speed. Ford changed the offside top mount but I still have the problem. I'm fed up and the goes to ford next week.also the EML has now  come on, Great! 

I have also had this problem but ford phoned me today as said i have a leaking shock absorber which was creaking when the steering wheel was on full lock or turning slowly 

My 2019 StLx is in dealership today, metallic rattle or squeak at idle when warm from under the airbox area. Has got worse since end of Feb.

Apparently there is a TSB for the issue involving wiring loom and earth strap under airbox somewhere.

Needs felt tape and extra clips putting in place allegedly to fix issue. 

A sit and wait job so God knows how long it will take. 😆

Took about an hour all in all. Job done, not a squeak on the journey home. All is good again. 😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club