Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Footwell lighting

sarahlegs

hi Just fitted some Red LEDs into my footwells, currently don't have the ambience lighting...but making a start on it.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258-1.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

(Thanks to DanGull for telling me how yo upload the pics!)

Love it, did you have the wiring under there then just put in the bulbs?? I can't seem to find it in mine, may have to do some detective work on that...

You need some fiesta mats now!!!

Is it easy to fit? I didn't get the ambient kit on my ZS but want the red footwell lights. Will the wiring be there?

hi Just fitted some Red LEDs into my footwells, currently don't have the ambience lighting...but making a start on it.

can you also post some pics to show us the kind of led you used?

the wiring is custom?

edit: removed the pics from the quote

ABCD0010.jpg

they are strip leds

and the wiring is not there as standard but has been integrated into the courtesy lighting

that looks reali good! I'd like footwell lights in our mk6 fiesta when we've got it...is there an actual mounting place for a standard ford light or similar on the mk6?

Mark

Yes, that looks really good. If anyone puts in the wiring for footwell lighting can someone post a how to ;) , I think a lot of people would be very grateful to add them in. :rolleyes:

Looks good, a lot brighter than my red LED lights in mine.

I have the ambient lighting in mine and the footwells are just wired into the courtesy lighting. So the footwell light go off rather than stay on with the ambient lights

they are strip leds

and the wiring is not there as standard but has been integrated into the courtesy lighting

nice! :lol:

eBay?

That looks fantastic, can you get some pics of it all in place? and I've just noticed the audio controls on your steering wheel light up red never noticed if mine do this so this is something I will investigate! :lol:

there is no standard lights in the fiesta, you can get similar light strips of eBay and there stuck in position with double sided tape, will take some more pics of where they are located

there is no standard lights in the fiesta, you can get similar light strips of ebay and there stuck in position with double sided tape, will take some more pics of where they are located

:) thankyou!

and after investigating my audio controls do light up, shows how much attention i pay :lol:

• 2 months later...

Where is the wiring for the coutesy lighting please, I have just ordered some LEDs?

Where is the wiring for the coutesy lighting please, I have just ordered some LEDs?

unless the car comes with leds as standard all leds wired in need a resisitor simply they are low voltage items and run on a lower voltage than standard bulbs wiring them in without resistors will cause them to burn out eventually as people are finding out fitting leds into there cars some bulbs come with a resistor built in so these are best to use but most of these strips dont and it needs to be bought seperately.

example a golf had leds fitted by the owner who brought it in with weird electrical issues in that the interior lights on the dash etc were dulling on there own an auto electrician found the problem in 1 minute the leds that were fitted with no resistors

unless the car comes with leds as standard all leds wired in need a resisitor simply they are low voltage items and run on a lower voltage than standard bulbs wiring them in without resistors will cause them to burn out eventually as people are finding out fitting leds into there cars some bulbs come with a resistor built in so these are best to use but most of these strips dont and it needs to be bought seperately.

example a golf had leds fitted by the owner who brought it in with weird electrical issues in that the interior lights on the dash etc were dulling on there own an auto electrician found the problem in 1 minute the leds that were fitted with no resistors

If there are no resistors, where would I get them from?

right as most of you have a 3door on this forum this wont apply to many of you! but do you reckon wiring up these LED's and sticking them too the underside of the seats creating almost a rear footwell light or what ever it is called would look good? i just cant find a set of led's with a really long cable cos i do tend too chuck the seat all the way back alot when i bored waiting for people

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258-1.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

You still have not answered the question were is the courtesy light wiring?? so we can all tap in and do this mod??

you won't have it unless you can see 'ambiant lighting' in the menu system

• 9 months later...

I have just done this today to my Zetec S with blue LEDs (no im not a chav) as the car is blue and so is the interior, I used the connection from the courtesy light. I followed a thread from the site and it works perfectly. comes on and of when you open the car and fades out as usual. The lights are not on all the time. Will try find the thread and post it in here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club