Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping Instrument Cluster - Automatic

thedude9

Swapping the instrument cluster is a piece of cake today. But mine is an automatic and I want to install the MK2.5 cluster with the largest display.

I've never seen an automatic with this cluster. Is there someone here with one?

Thank you :)

The Level 3 (large display) MK2.5 instrument cluster is only installed to MK2.5 versions with automatic transmission or SatNav. Vehicles with manual transmission or without SatNav have the Level 2 (small display with trip computer) or the Level 1 (small display without trip computer) instrument cluster.

The Level 3 MK2.5 instrument cluster can be installed in your car without any problems. However be aware that changing the instrument cluster is not plug and play. The new instrument cluster must be correctly configured to match the settings/options of your car. Next to this on the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the instrument cluster is part of the PATS immobilizer system. When changing the instrumetn cluster the PATS system needs to be reprogrammed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The Level 3 (large display) MK2.5 instrument cluster is only installed to MK2.5 versions with automatic transmission or SatNav. Vehicles with manual transmission or without SatNav have the Level 2 (small display with trip computer) or the Level 1 (small display without trip computer) instrument cluster.

The Level 3 MK2.5 instrument cluster can be installed in your car without any problems. However be aware that changing the instrument cluster is not plug and play. The new instrument cluster must be correctly configured to match the settings/options of your car. Next to this on the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the instrument cluster is part of the PATS immobilizer system. When changing the instrumetn cluster the PATS system needs to be reprogrammed. 

Thank you for the clarification. I just found one on mobile.de ( https://www.mobile.de/ro/Automobil/Ford-Focus-Turnier-2.0-TDCi-DPF/vhc:car,pgn:1,pgs:50,srt:price,sro:asc,ms1:9000_20_,frn:2008,frx:2011,ger:automatic_gear/pg:vipcar/250871712.html )

About changing the cluster, I know it's not exactly plug-n-play but it's not a complicated operation with the right tools.

Edited by thedude9
found one for sale

I can't edit the last post anymore but I still have a question.

Does a MK2.5 level 3 cluster displays the drive mode (N D etc) like the prefacelift one?

Alright then. Time to find a level 3 cluster and turn it green. :wub:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club