Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling all 2.2 tdci mk4 owners

mr_brakka

Could you please share your average mileage as I think mine is very heavy on the devil juice and just wanted to confirm it is just mine or if they all very thirsty. I’m currently averaging between 30-32 mpg on a long steady run(70 mph) I could get 38-40 mpg.

If this is low could any of you advise my on a possible fault or solution?

Ps. It doesn’t smoke and my daily commute is 20 mile each way mostly dual carriageway and motorway.

Thank you

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car has averaged 40 mpg (manually calculated, not trip reading) over the last 4 years.

My commute is Minor A and B roads, a few miles of major A road with a short dual carriage way section (where I tend to give it some beans) and a small amount of town roads at each end. Usually the traffic is moving and I only come across a queue of about 5 - 10 mins on the way home. Total round trip is 33 miles.

My car did once average low 30's when I spent a week driving to a training centre which was about 38 miles each way but traffic was awful (on the Bristol ring road) , a lot of start stop. Took 2 hours on the first day and progressively quicker after that once I found different routes. Do you spend much time in stationary traffic?

No not really my journey time varies by about 5 mins between morning and evening. I’m cute luck in the respect I start work at 7 and finish at 3 so I’m mainly traffic free.

Hmm, is the car serviced regularly to at least the recomendations of Ford? Tyre pressures correct?

Someone I know used to have an interim service every year (so basically and oil and filter change) until I mentioned that they needed the Air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs and fuel filter changing too as it had all been missed.

I've not long had my mk4 2.2 TDCI titanium X sport and found that the mpg was really low along with some other more serious symptoms. It turned out that there was a fault with the low pressure fuel pump. Got that replaced and has been much better since. Hopefully not anything like that as can be £600+ for replacement. 

• Like 1

Hmm, is the car serviced regularly to at least the recomendations of Ford? Tyre pressures correct?
Someone I know used to have an interim service every year (so basically and oil and filter change) until I mentioned that they needed the Air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs and fuel filter changing too as it had all been missed.

Yes I service it myself. I last serviced it about 2k-3k ago. And I check the tyre pressure once every other week and they don’t seem to change much.

I've not long had my mk4 2.2 TDCI titanium X sport and found that the mpg was really low along with some other more serious symptoms. It turned out that there was a fault with the low pressure fuel pump. Got that replaced and has been much better since. Hopefully not anything like that as can be £600+ for replacement. 

It looks like I might have to get it checked out by ford. But I hope it’s not that expensive.

Have you checked for any error codes with Forscan and an ELM327 plug?
I have the USB version from here https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/
Forscan software from here http://www.forscan.org/download.html

TBF no I haven’t yet looked at any error codes I never even thought to do so.

Thanks I’ll give that a try soon

My 2.2 Tit X sport give around 30 mpg daily town driving of 8 miles each way, sometimes in heavy traffic.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club