Do Not Sell My Personal Information

iPhone 7+ and Ford SYNC

tk369

Has anyone been able to connect to Ford SYNC with an iPhone newer than 6 or 6+? I have a 7+ that will not connect. My iPhone 6 did and still does .

I contacted Apple support. They  couldn’t identify a solution to my problem.

Their answer? Ford has to update their firmware!

Can anybody shed some light on this problem?

Thanks in advance. 

I’ve got an iPhone 7+ and have sync 2 in my focus and get no problems with connecting. It auto connects every time and is really stable when connected. Common causes are syncs firmware depending on how old the car is and the bluetooth module isn’t supported by the newer phones as it will have an older style of bluetooth which can cause problems but not always. But I’m no expert on this it’s just things I’ve read about bluetooth not working with cars and newer phones. 

Yes as above. Get your local Ford dealer to check your cars firmware version and get it updated.
There again your cars bluetooth module may be an old one and may need changing for a newer one.
Check wirh your ford dealer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club