Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Aid Module Fiesta Mk6.5

matt786

Does anyone know where the module for the parking aid is on the Fiesta Mk6.5. My sensors just make a continuous beep when reversing and reverse lights are ok. There is no clicking on any of the sensors when in reverse at ignition. It's been like this for two years when I got the car and I really should get it sorted now. 

Does the continuous beeping go to a steady beeping when your getting close to an object? On my previous car I install parking sensors and there were times where it would beep continuously when in reverse but goes back to normal when getting close to an object where it would beep the way it should. 

I just checked for clicking on each sensor at the rear bumper. As I was on my own when checking,I could not hear the tone even if it changed. The parking aid on the car is not aftermarket so it is the original optional extra. Il get my son to help me check if any variation in tone.

• 6 months later...

Finally found the module by chance one day after i took the spare tyre out. Its just below the inside of the rear left tail light. I disconnected it then cleaned after reconnecting. Next i took the bumper off and took out each sensor and cleaned them. I took picture of the sensor to compare new ones to buy then put everything back again. As i was reversing to park the car after finishing putting everything back together,the parking sensors burst into life. Its been about 3 months since then and they still working fine so i did not need to buy new ones. They just needed cleaning or may the module need a reconnect to refresh codes. Relieved as new Bosch ones painted in same colour are quite expensive.