Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus CC/ stop start issues

jmem43

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is in another thread, but I have a 2012 focus titanium 1.6 TDCI and have been having issues after a clutch master cylinder replacement.

since I had the cylinder replaced my CC and stop start have never worked. The stop start light on the center console is constantly illuminated and the CC doesn’t turn on at all.

ive recently took it to my local garage ( car was bought second hand and isn’t under warranty), and they’ve replaced the pedal sensor but to no joy.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jamie

If the stop start light is constantly on, it's indicating a fault somewhere.

Has your garage had it hooked up to diagnostics to rear the error code?

Yeah it came up with around 3 fault codes I think, all relating to the clutch, they’ve changed the sensor on the clutch pedal but still has the light on.

they now seem to think it’s something to do with the pedal box, which seems a bit extreme in my opinion.

If they fixed what was triggering the fault, did they also clear the codes?

Update, said they’ve cleared the codes, however they keep coming back after changing the sensors.

im a bit reluctant to pay out for a new pedal box in the hopes that it may be something not as extreme. Is there some sort of module that links both the CC system and the stop start system together? 

Seems strange that both the problems appeared at the same time. So I don’t know if the previous garage has broke something during the cylinder change.

there are 2 switches, they could be replacing the wrong one?

They said they’ve replaced three, two on the clutch and one on the gearbox.

im starting to think maybe it could be a wiring issue 

I've had a read up and there's supposed to be 3. 2 switches on the pedal, one for clutch pedal down, one for up and a sensor that detects the range of travel. The plug for that one is in the engine bay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club