Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo on my metal

Sizematters

Hey guys i was just wondering if it was even possible to turbo my ford fiesta 1.6 metal?

Very possible.  In fact, Ford themselves already have, and they called it ST.

Everything is possible but it would be a lot of custom work.. You can get a supercharger for the 1.6 ti-vct which would be easier to do. I've thought about this for my Metal aswell but in the end it's better to wait and buy an ST in a year or so and just do mods for your Metal that can be transferred to the ST (Suspension, wheels, brakes, engine mount etc)

13 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Very possible.  In fact, Ford themselves already have, and they called it ST.

Would be great if it was just a case of getting a second hand turbo and manifold from an ST.. Completely different engines unfortunately haha

Different in detail, but its fundamentally the same basic motor and block.  Manifold and turbo would indeed bolt right up, but you couldn't run much boost without doing something about the CR, and then there's the various solutions to the problem of engine management.

Its certainly very feasible, but with several different and very fine turbo Fiestas available off the shelf, it'd be easier, cheaper and quicker to trade to a model with a blower.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club