Do Not Sell My Personal Information

full car service

lasthope

about 6 months ago my 1.5tdci fiesta 2yr  - 25k service was £184 at main ford dealer. This did not include the optional brake fluid change which I declined (on the basis of it not invalidating warranty and my old fiesta (which my brother now has) is 10yrs old and never had brake fluid change and has had no problems (yes I know some people will tell me why it should be changed - absorbs moisture etc)

32 minutes ago, lasthope said:

way over priced all there replaceing is oil, oil filter, air filter. everything else is just a checkup. save yourself £100 and do the oil,air,pollen filter and oil yourself if possible

38 minutes ago, lasthope said:

I prob get me mate to do it like,,

well done grab the oil filter, air filter and pollen filter from euro car parts as there all half price at the mo with there discount codes.

On 28/12/2017 at 6:46 PM, lasthope said:

what are people paying for full service

My first scheduled service in due in the next couple of months and I've been quoted between £125 and £185.   The lowest is a Ford approved service center and the highest is main dealership, but both include 12 months Ford Assist which is provide by the AA a brilliant if you have a problem.

46 minutes ago, lasthope said:

do I need some kind of oil as it has the DPF on

Yes - Just use the oil type specified by Ford for your engine. This will be designed to work with with the DPF and is appropriate for other aspects of your engine design. 

On 28/12/2017 at 7:31 PM, isetta said:

about 6 months ago my 1.5tdci fiesta 2yr  - 25k service was £184 at main ford dealer. This did not include the optional brake fluid change which I declined (on the basis of it not invalidating warranty and my old fiesta (which my brother now has) is 10yrs old and never had brake fluid change and has had no problems (yes I know some people will tell me why it should be changed - absorbs moisture etc)

Brake fluid is hygroscopic it absorbs water. 

Naughty Naughty

Jamie

I paid £139 last month for a 50,000 service on a Focus 1.0 at a local Ford dealer.  Brake fluid replacement was £30, total £169 and around a tenner cheaper than my local indy charged to service my previous car (admittedly not a Ford).  Also included Ford roadside assistance.  I thought it was pretty good value.

Edited by nitten_traveller
Include roadside assistance