Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Replacement Bulbs

Hamster

What does the law say about LED in place of halogen? I believe that HIDs have to be self adjusting for MOT purposes, is it the same for LED?

Nothing really, almost certainly OK.

HID (High Intensity Discharge) Lamps are a different kettle of fish and need self adjusters and washers but these are completely different technology.

H

@MJubby Did you use the same bulbs as Hamster ?  If not, can you link to what you did use please.  There’s quite a difference between nearside and offside. 

I had presumed this was a before and after- is that the case or are both photographs with the new bulbs?

2 hours ago, NeilRS said:

I had presumed this was a before and after- is that the case or are both photographs with the new bulbs?

Nearside look like LEDs to me whilst I recognise the offside as stock issue candles !!

10 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

@MJubby Did you use the same bulbs as Hamster ?  If not, can you link to what you did use please.  There’s quite a difference between nearside and offside. 

I used the ones attached in the image. All ordered from eBay

Hope this helps. 

3 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Yes these are before and after pictures. 

D1DB4215-DBD5-4804-BE59-26ACE8888D20.png

• Thanks 1

Don't suppose you took a beam photo against a wall/garage door before and after (during would have been a great comparison)?

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Don't suppose you took a beam photo against a wall/garage door before and after (during would have been a great comparison)?

I haven’t had chance to take a beam photo at the correct distances or against a white wall yet but I have taken something. When I get the chance I will try get something better. 

6E7706AE-558B-453E-80AE-5001C87C91D8.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilRS said:

That kind of improvement for £70 has got to be a good thing! 

For £70 I’m very happy. The difference is brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 11:00 PM, MJubby said:

For £70 I’m very happy. The difference is brilliant. 

So is it all still going well? Anyone flashing you? 

Mines fine  no flashing oncoming light. Auto dip feature is working fine.  Sometimes think I need a bit more long range but might just be me.  Alltogether tho  a much whiter light and very happy ..😎😀 

Thanks Eddie, I'll take the plunge then. Its not exactly going to break the bank anyway.😁

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have ordered the bulbs as listed by @MJubby and so far the H15 and H7 bulbs have arrived.  One thing that I hadn’t considered until I received the bulbs is how the beam is managed.  There are no shields or deflectors, so it would appear that all they can do is shine bright.  Has anyone had any issues as far as accuracy of beam is concerned ?  It’s all very well having very bright lights, but if the beam isn’t focused effectively, then you won’t be able to see any better than with standard candles.  I have attached photos of the H15 and H7 bulbs, so you can see what I mean. image.thumb.jpg.e78f58d4b0fef14476c9fc4123146ab7.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.8be641769891df65e4e829994fda9fea.jpg

On 10/30/2018 at 9:20 PM, Edge of Reason said:

Well I have ordered the bulbs as listed by @MJubby and so far the H15 and H7 bulbs have arrived.  One thing that I hadn’t considered until I received the bulbs is how the beam is managed.  There are no shields or deflectors, so it would appear that all they can do is shine bright.  Has anyone had any issues as far as accuracy of beam is concerned ?  It’s all very well having very bright lights, but if the beam isn’t focused effectively, then you won’t be able to see any better than with standard candles.  I have attached photos of the H15 and H7 bulbs, so you can see what I mean. image.thumb.jpg.e78f58d4b0fef14476c9fc4123146ab7.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.8be641769891df65e4e829994fda9fea.jpg

I ordered those ones, but the h7s had loose fans and were very noisy. I sent those back and got the ones recommended by Hamster, which are 4 sided and can be put in without removing the headlight from the car. The h15s are very good. The beams on both are well controlled and are a massive improvement. 

Well I fitted my bulbs tonight with the exception of puddle lamps, which haven’t arrived yet. I have to say that they are much brighter than the old ones and the change from dipped to main is now instant. I have taken a couple of pictures of the dipped and main beam on the road. Unfortunately my before pictures are a little blurred but you can see the improvement. I’m not sure there is any distance improvement, but what is illuminated is much clearer and brighter.  First pic is dipped before, then main before, then dipped after and main after. 

1008228E-DE93-44A4-B13C-131DC270D5AF.jpeg

8443FC58-0CB3-4049-9240-3CCDB2E77E42.jpeg

538DDFEA-957B-457A-A04A-9FD8A4EFFEA5.jpeg

8FA70CA8-BA01-41A2-A07C-E18DF91CE30B.jpeg

• Like 1

@MJubby I have looked at the eBay listing for your puddle lamps and it shows the Ford logo projected onto the ground when you look at the ‘more details’ section. Do yours do this ?  I’m still waiting on mine arriving.  

A word of caution, if you take a close look at the end of the H15 LED Bulbs they have screw on end cap.. Make sure that the caps are tight before you fit the bulbs so they don’t come of with vibration and rattle around in the bottom of the headlamps, better still put a spot of Loctite on the threads.

28 minutes ago, Tanisla said:

A word of caution, if you take a close look at the end of the H15 LED bulbs they have screw on end cap.. Make sure that the caps are tight before you fit the bulbs so they don’t come of with vibration and rattle around in the bottom of the headlamps, better still put a spot of Loctite on the threads.

A bit late.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed 🤞 

Has anyone replaced their front indicator bulbs with LED Bulbs.  Apart from my registration plate bulbs and front indicators, all the bulbs are now LED, so I was considering upgrading them too.  I saw on an online video however that the internal indicator may flash twice as quick due to the lack of load. Anyone know ?

Proper, good quality LED Indicator bulbs should not affect the flash rate.

But, you have to remove the headlamp to get to the bulbs which can be a bit of a pain.

Missing Image

I personally wouldn't bother as the OE bulbs are quite good enough for the indicators.

H

It’s just the crispness of the LED flash that I’ve seen in other cars that makes me want to go to the bother. I’ve had the headlamps out to replace the other bulbs and the indicator bulb has a simple twist connector then a push fit into the holder. I reckon I could replace one in about 2 mins, now I know what I’m doing. 

By the way, the puddle light LEDs that @MJubby used are fab and bright. So much brighter than the standard filament bulbs.  They took nearly 2 weeks to arrive though. ‘Dispatched from Manchester’ the listing said. Must have moved Manchester to China methinks. 

10 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

It’s just the crispness of the LED flash that I’ve seen in other cars that makes me want to go to the bother. I’ve had the headlamps out to replace the other bulbs and the indicator bulb has a simple twist connector then a push fit into the holder. I reckon I could replace one in about 2 mins, now I know what I’m doing. 

By the way, the puddle light LEDs that @MJubby used are fab and bright. So much brighter than the standard filament bulbs.  They took nearly 2 weeks to arrive though. ‘Dispatched from Manchester’ the listing said. Must have moved Manchester to China methinks. 

You sure it wasn't Manchuria? 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club