Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Replacement Bulbs

Hamster

Was your steering turned, even slightly ?  Fog lamps also operate as turn lamps to illuminate the side of the road when turning. Turn left and the left illuminates and turn right, the right illuminates. Unless the steering is straight ahead, either lamp will go on. 

I did think of this but wasn't sure if the Edge had these.

I will test this out, you are most likely correct.

I have seen these on other cars and my first thought was that thie lights are not working properly 🙂

If there an option of turning this off ?

Thanks Edge of Reason

• Like 1

The fog lights also serve as turn lights.  If the steering is turned to the right ,  ign on,  the right fog comes on.  When the steering turned to the left  the left one will come on.   Could this  have been what happened to yours ? 

The front front fog lamps also illuminate when you select reverse, so you can see where you have been..................................

H

• Haha 1

Not joking, they actually do, try it.

H

25 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Not joking, they actually do, try it.

H

I know they do, I was laughing at how you said it.  I’m sure there is a reason why they illuminate in reverse.  In case you swing out into something otherwise unseen by the fogs ? 

Right, now completed the change over of all lights and results are good.

The fog lights however are a little blue and not a great match to the rest of them (although all stated 6000k)

May have to buy another pair.

The worst thing however, looks like the previous owner had a bulb blown on them and tried to change the bulb themselves.

However doing this, one of the light units bracket has been snapped off, both electrical connectors have had the securing clicks snapped off and the rubber covers are all ripped.

If you don't know how to change a simple bulb, don't bother.

It amazing me the destruction they have done changing a bulb.

The bulb also must have shattered as there is lots of glass pieces in the lens.

Think it may be best to replace the light unit.

Just one question, the Day light seems higher than the Main beam, is that normal (seems very bright and high at night)

DRLs have to be quite bright as they need to stand out during daylight. Whether they are actually brighter than the headlights is debatable. 

Thanks Ian,

Think the brightness is similar to the Headlight. It was just the height of the beam on the DRL being higher than the headlight which initially concerned me as I don't want to dazzle people.

But as you say these will be on during the day so have to be brighter

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all,

So I have just bought an 21 month old Ford Edge ST-Line 260 AWD in white with 18000 on the clock.
I previously had an S-MAX Titanium Sport iAWD X-Pack (and a Galaxy before that)
I'm loving the Edge, plenty of pace inside and very comfy / quiet.

Having driven the car quite a few times at night I find the headlights quite crappy compared to the S-Max headlights, which were brilliant, the main beam used to split when a car came the other way and other magic stuff, quite hard to explain.

So here we are all discussing these dim crappy lights that remind me of my old Capri or the dynamo I used to have on my old Raleigh Grifter!!

I can see that quite a few of you have replaced the standard bulbs with LED replacements but the links to where they were bought from don't seem to work.

If anyone had replaced their bulbs (all of the front bulbs, High, Low Beam, Fog etc.) and has links to where they bought them from could you please post the links on here so I can go and purchase them also.

Very Much appreciated
Cheers
Rik

Now I am in no way financially associated with TDI-Tuning but I have fitted one of their self install CRTD4 tuning boxes to every Ford car I have owned in the last 8 years and can highly recommend them.
Never had an issue.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:31 AM, Bodgecity said:

I have just bought these h7 from ebay do i need a retaining adapter or will they just hold in with the spring thanks 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264592177801

They should hold fine with the original clips. I certainly didn’t need to do anything to alter mine, with similar looking bulbs. You may need to feed the spring around the bulb during fitting before sitting it home in the holder, as the spring may not swivel over the larger lamp base. 

Agree no adaptor required. I removed the spring and placed it around the bulb and refitted. A pain at first but once you have a knack its ok

No prob Rik. It will transform the car well worth doing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

All the LED Bulbs have arrived and I fitted them yesterday.
Took the headlights out to fit.
Went for a spin last night to test.
Fog LED bulbs are brilliant
Puddle Light LED bulbs are brilliant
DRL and Main Beam LED Bulbs are brilliant (H15)

Low beam H7's are crap, did you need to adjust yours at all?
Most of the beam pattern seems to be very low like directly in front of the car bumper.
I went down a road that I know doesn't have street lights and was very surprised at the lack of light coming from low beam, at the moment I think the originals are better.
Am I missing something here?

I checked the LED size against the original, same height and the position of the 'blade' on the LED is straight up and down when placed inside the housing.

Cheers

Rik

Hi Rik,

Mine were fine if anything a little higher than the originals and bright. When fitting them i did give them a wobble to ensure that they were seated properly. Maybe take the rubber covers off the back of the light and see if they is any movement. Other than this i am not sure.

As Peter said above. One on mine was not seated perfectly square until I worked out how to put the spring clip onto the bulb before I inserted the bulb. This seated it perfectly square and I have had no issues with the lights and the car has since passed its MOT with the LEDs installed. 

It does sound like it isnt seated properly. When you insert the bulb and then twist it, that provides the height alignment. It may be that you need to slightly adjust the ring on the bulb prior to inserting it.

This pic is for the fusion\mondeo bit it explains what I mean.4bb8fc16e915a95daa227a2ddf78d6ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It does sound like it isnt seated properly. When you insert the bulb and then twist it, that provides the height alignment. It may be that you need to slightly adjust the ring on the bulb prior to inserting it.

This pic is for the fusion\mondeo bit it explains what I mean.4bb8fc16e915a95daa227a2ddf78d6ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

These H7 bulbs just sit in the housing with no twisting, just a fiddly spring clip to fit.

20 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

As Peter said above. One on mine was not seated perfectly square until I worked out how to put the spring clip onto the bulb before I inserted the bulb. This seated it perfectly square and I have had no issues with the lights and the car has since passed its MOT with the LEDs installed. 

Maybe I'm expecting too much...... Will check again tonight.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 4:06 PM, Rik Walter said:

Maybe I'm expecting too much...... Will check again tonight.

Cheers

I was expecting to much, my wife has been driving the car to work (She is a nurse) and has commented on the lights being better with the LED Bulbs fitted than with the standard type.

For my wife to notice anything different with a car is a ***** miracle, she was driving her Mini Coop through town and was flagged down by the car behind her as she had 2 flat tyres at the rear, she didn't notice.

Got to laugh, bless her.

So all good for a not too expensive conversion.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club