Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Replacement Bulbs

Hamster

19 minutes ago, Rik Walter said:

I was expecting to much, my wife has been driving the car to work (She is a nurse) and has commented on the lights being better with the LED bulbs fitted than with the standard type.

For my wife to notice anything different with a car is a ***** miracle, she was driving her Mini Coop through town and was flagged down by the car behind her as she had 2 flat tyres at the rear, she didn't notice.

Got to laugh, bless her.

So all good for a not too expensive conversion.

I’ve got a Mini Coop near me. I get all my bread and daily milk there ! 😂 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having decided, after 3+ years of ownership, that I like the look of those that have upgraded their bulbs, I today fitted some.
If it’s of any interest, I opted for the KaTur H7’s after reading that the fixing ring detaches and is fitted behind the spring before then mounting the LED bulb itself. Because of this, the whole job can be done in a few minutes without the need to remove the headlights. 
Only time will tell if the actual bulbs are any good.

344B0115-FD01-4A83-A131-93810C4B58AC.jpeg

849F7AB6-16AC-4D7A-BA04-A5D9FC73B29D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Chaps,

Sorry for bringing this back up. I had another threat and was linked to come here. I have a 2017 edge, only 1400 miles. Has every Spec it could have had apart from the LED lights. No idea how a 40k plus car comes with poor halogen lights.

tried to buy the lights in the threat but some are not available anymore. I’m an absolute noob with this stuff so was hoping someone might be able to help advise the 3 bulbs I need?

many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 12:08 AM, Mrtugboat87 said:

Chaps,

Sorry for bringing this back up. I had another threat and was linked to come here. I have a 2017 edge, only 1400 miles. Has every Spec it could have had apart from the LED lights. No idea how a 40k plus car comes with poor halogen lights.

tried to buy the lights in the threat but some are not available anymore. I’m an absolute noob with this stuff so was hoping someone might be able to help advise the 3 bulbs I need?

many thanks in advance.

Have you tries the links below?

Fogs - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-H8-H9-H11-LED-Fog-Driving-Light-High-Power-Can-bus-Lamp-Bulb-White-6000K-80W/233468567425?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

H7's - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-H7-LED-Headlight-200W-20000LM-Hi-Low-Kit-Bulbs-Beam-6000K-Canbus-Error-Free/124041918183?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

H15's - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-H15-Car-LED-Headlights-Conversion-Kit-Front-Bulbs-Lamps-20000LM-6000K-110W/333407597044?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also got the puddle lights for £8.64

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pair-LED-Side-Mirror-Puddle-Lights-for-Ford-Edge-Mondeo-Explorer-Taurus-KT/223807776527?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I removed the headlight to replace the headlight bulbs and then the fog bulbs, very easy that way.

Is this this the only way to replace them? Can you not take them out without having to take the headlamp off?

2 hours ago, Mrtugboat87 said:

Is this this the only way to replace them? Can you not take them out without having to take the headlamp off?

Whilst bulb replacement is supposed to be a roadside 'operation', many manufacturers make it really difficult by utilising the nice useful space under the bonnet for something else! You can change bulbs without removing the light cluster, but have a big swear jar to hand. To take the lights off, but believe me, it's only a couple of screws/clips and a thousand times easier! Don't worry, the screws/clips that hold the cluster in don't affect alignment of the beams, so they just drop back in where they are supposed to when done.

Even the owners manual tells you to remove the headlight ...

image.thumb.png.eb13f81368382bdf310905498989c150.png

image.thumb.png.163e16fcfe88ba8f9404194cd893b520.png

27 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

Whilst bulb replacement is supposed to be a roadside 'operation', many manufacturers make it really difficult by utilising the nice useful space under the bonnet for something else! You can change bulbs without removing the light cluster, but have a big swear jar to hand. To take the lights off, but believe me, it's only a couple of screws/clips and a thousand times easier! Don't worry, the screws/clips that hold the cluster in don't affect alignment of the beams, so they just drop back in where they are supposed to when done.

Even the owners manual tells you to remove the headlight ...

image.thumb.png.eb13f81368382bdf310905498989c150.png

image.thumb.png.163e16fcfe88ba8f9404194cd893b520.png

Cheers mate.

im going to take it to the garage next week and they can do it. Only charging me 20.00 and he’s done it before.

cheers for all the advice dude

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All above bulbs changed and what a difference. I found changing them easy due to the explanation and diagrams. Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I’m just about to collect my 2017 Edge Sport and have read this thread about the LED lights. I plan on getting this job done ASAP but I’m totally not confident in buying the right bulbs. 😬  (no judgment please I’m a desk jockey 🤣) I intend to get a local auto electrician to change the bulbs for me at the same time as hardwiring my dash cam. I was just wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to share updated links of the bulbs they have used successfully? I have clicked on some of the existing links on eBay/Amazon etc but they seem To be out of date now as products are unavailable.  I don’t want to ask the electrician to get them for me as I’ll probably end up paying twice the price. Thanks in advance. 

I think virtually all links in this thread will be obsolete now. I just did a search on eBay, didn’t buy the dearest, but certainly didn’t buy the cheapest. Try to look for canbus compliant in the listing in respect of the DRL bulbs.  Oh and check reviews. 

Hi all,

Firstly sorry, I know I’m probably starting to annoy a lot of people with these questions :)

so, driving about tonight, I noticed:

the lights seem to leave a bit of a gap in distance down the middle, in your experience with the LED Bulbs, how much light are you getting?

the full beams when on are slightly darker than the normal beams, is this normal?

as per the photo attached, showing the beam pattern and also, with main beams On and off:

7BE8E0E8-E0B0-4E8C-B8B8-EBDC0715EAED.jpeg

6F98A12E-7798-4C84-A723-AEA1E8D0B1D8.jpeg

On 8/9/2020 at 1:52 PM, Smithy1575 said:

I’m just about to collect my 2017 Edge Sport and have read this thread about the LED lights. I plan on getting this job done ASAP but I’m totally not confident in buying the right bulbs. 😬  (no judgment please I’m a desk jockey 🤣) I intend to get a local auto electrician to change the bulbs for me at the same time as hardwiring my dash cam. I was just wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to share updated links of the bulbs they have used successfully? I have clicked on some of the existing links on eBay/Amazon etc but they seem To be out of date now as products are unavailable.  I don’t want to ask the electrician to get them for me as I’ll probably end up paying twice the price. Thanks in advance. 

Hi mate,

i brought these:

full:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132240086485
fog:
CAR ROVER H11/H8/H9/H16(JP) LED 2000LM, Fog Light bulbs Front, 12V, 6000K White, 2 Lamps, H11 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N65LWLF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YmVoFbBJ4FNZR

The full beams do seem a bit dim for me. I’d hold fire slightly until someone responds to my message.

I noted that way back when i fitted mine.  Always thought there was not enough range down the middle on full beam. I guess i just got used to it.

I think the light beam, although crisper and whiter, doesn’t actually improve the quality of beam pattern. I think my LED Bulbs are no better in respect of range than the original halogens. Things just appear brighter and clearer in the immediate foreground. To get better range you would probably need to upgrade the bulbs to HIDs, but that’s a lot of work, or fit the adaptive headlamps, but that’s a lot of expense and farting about with coding. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

So, interested in knowing what bulbs you guys went with. I went for H7s and H15 from amazon. Had a lot of reviews and all 4.5 stars.

im still not 100% happy with the distance of light. They are bright enough. What did ones did you guys buy and how happy are you with your beam distance for dips?

• 1 month later...

Hi All

im just purchased a 67plate 210 edge sport with lux pack, picking it up Tuesday.  I can see from reading many diferent reviews about the car that the front lights are rubbish with the standard halogens.  I want to buy some new LED Bulbs for it so i can change them straight over when i pick it up next week.

I`ve already bought the h11`s and puddle lights now looking for the H15`s and the H7`s. Can anyone recommend which ones to buy has there are so many to choice from im getting a bit confused ( which doesn't take a lot)

Thanks  

I’ve given Darren @E4evs a few pointers by DM in relation to his question above.  

After the kind advise by Ian @Edge of Reason I have upgrade all my lights to leds and I can say what a difference they make. However unfortunately not all working as they should, the drls when I first start car are both OK but as soon as I pull off the passenger one turns off. Tried swapping  around and still the same,  put original halogens back in and all ok.  Anyone else had this issue and did you fix it.

Darren, sorry it didn’t go quite to plan. I personally didn’t have this issue and mine have worked perfectly since I put them in. I have heard of this happening though and I think it is something to do with needing a resistor as the bulb is not canbus friendly. Not sure exactly how this is fixed as I haven’t had to do it. 

Think I had this issue, worked out it was not turned in right (if it is indeed the ones that turn and lock)

I give it firm turn and it moved further and not had the problem since.

• 4 months later...

Old thread I know but I feel I need to mention that during the winter lockdown and needing to book in the cars first MOT, I replaced the LED headlights bulbs with the standard bulbs, the DRL and main beams were not as good as the LED's I fitted to replace them but the dipped beam headlights were much better with the standard bulbs fitted.

Mmmmm

After MOT pass with no issues I decided to take the plunge and try the LED's again, this time I bought the Katur LED Bulbs as mentioned by WIZZO on this thread, wow, what a difference between these and the LED's I previously bought and the standard bulbs.

Much, much better all round, I fitted just the one at first and parked close to my garage door and even during daylight the difference between the two is huge, took out the other LED and replace with the Katur ones, went for a night time drive for testing and I am very impressed.

I also originally took out the headlight too fit the bubs but there is no need to do this with the Katur LED Bulbs as they are a little shorter the the first ones I bought.

So if anyone is interested I have a set of H7 LED Bulbs, used, one careful owner for sale at a very reasonable price 😀

Not to pour cold water on your kind offer but note above.

I'd just like to offer my 10 pence worth here.

I also have issues with poor halogen projectors and DRL/High beam. I resolved the projector candle lighting with Osram LEDriving 6000k H7 units. I chose these after spending hours and hours trawling the internet for testing and reviews in the US. They are available on amazon.co.uk for £75 a pair and I rate them at 9/10. They are so good and the build quality is fantastic and not a cheap chineseium crap. The improvement is equal to 50w HID and I would highly recommend.

The second but most problematic is the DRL/High beam. H15 is a fairly new format and only a few offer quality lamps at silly high prices. I started with TXVS08 and they are CRAP. Cheap nasty hyped up chineseium. Too bright and hot on DRL with little to no difference on High beam. So poor that when you Flash in daylight, you can't even tell you Flashed. They went back. Next I tried the Osram H15 Cool Blue Intense. Much better DRL, good High beam flash in daytime but useless at night. I then bought a set of OPL5 H15's which were quite good on the face. Brighter than the TXVS but same issues of DRL too bright VS high beam flash and still poor overall high beam at night. I switched back to the Osram.

I then found a pair of Novsight 40w dual chip H15's in the US via a US review site. They cost $65 and a bit of tax and OMG. The best I have seen yet. They have separate DRL led chips and high beam chips. They are all aluminium construction and fan cooled. They fit straight in, no issues. The DRL is lice and bright and flash is ultra bright and high beam is like 50w HID and gives a fab long range cool 6000k white beam. They are excellent and now on amazon uk for £50 a pair. If you want great DRL with superb bright long range High beam, get the Novsight.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOVSIGHT-Headlight-Conversion-Customized-Warranty/dp/B07PQXPB1P/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=novsight+h15&qid=1618258868&sr=8-3

The pictures to follow will not seem right, but I can assure you the main beam is Osram LEDriving and the DRL/High is Novsight H15. Pics of bulb are Novsight H15.

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

DRL/HIGH BEAM ON

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

OSRAM LEDRIVING MAIN BEAM

IMG_2081.JPG

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club