Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front parking sensor on focus mk3

vitorbrazil

Hi, I have a 2014 focus with the rear parking sensors only, and I was wondering if it has a connector(on the display computer) for the front parking sensors, does anyone know if it has this connector and if it is doable?

yo have to check if you have right connector under left headlight

I put on my focus mk3 rear parking sensors and i know its possible to fit rear and front but you need to have right loome.

also you need right cable to actiavte it on car system but its quite easy.

Front parking sensors uses an engine bay wiring harness with the additional wiring for the front sensors. This type of harness is usually not installed on vehicles without front parking sensors. If the front sensor wiring is missing you either have to replace the complete engine bay wiring harness or make the missing wiring yourself.

Front parking sensor also requires the 6 front parking sensors and the lower grille to accomodate 2 of the front sensors. 

The parking sensors are connected to the PAM  module (Parking Assistance Module). The PAM module is a CANbus module that monitors the parking sensors and transmits the data to the FCDIM (display). Front & rear parking sensors have a different type of PAM module than rear only parking sensors. When retrofitting the front parking sensors the PAM module also needs to be replaced.

After front parking sensors are retrofitted it is a relative small step to also retrofit the Active Park Assist (autoparking) functionality. Next to the front & rear parking sensors the Active Park Assist system only requires the correct switch assembly with autoparking button and 2 different rear ABS sensors (Autoparking uses different ABS sensors which recognise the rotating direction of the wheels). 

After all parts are installed you only have to reconfigure the particular settings in the Central Car Configuration of the car. This can be done with a suitible diagnostic system. For example a generic ELM327 interface and the free FoCCCus or Forscan software.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to bump an old thread but is it possible to buy the PAM that supports both rear and front sensors but only program in the rear ones , till I get the ABS stuff & front loom ? 

No, that is not possible.

Without the wiring and front sensors connected a PAM module that supports both front and rear parking sensors generates DTC codes and disables the complete parking sensor system.

• 5 months later...

I might decide to fit them , and no grill no need to have place for sensors .

I had only 4 rear parking sensors and have retrofired the full parking assistant . The retrofit process is the same for both, MK3 and MK3.5.

Have added other 6 for the front and 2 additional  for the back) changed PAM module, ABS sensors, interior switch and all works OK 🙂 so if somebody needs some help just ask.

Easiest way to find out if you have additional wire for the front is to check the PAM module in your boot if it has 3 connectors pluged. 2 yellow and one black. Like on this photo:

fbb888d379df5fb2med.jpg

Did you need any wiring other than the wiring harness with the parking sensors for the front? I do have three connectors in the back of my trunk but not parking aid at all. I am planning on retrofitting rear parking aid but if the front doesn't require messing with the engine bay harness, I might add it as well. Oh, one more thing - why did you say that you had 4 sensors in the back but you added 2 more. Isn't the 4 sensors standard for both models with and without parking assist? 

2 hours ago, Bannko said:

I had only 4 rear parking sensors and have retrofired the full parking assistant . The retrofit process is the same for both, MK3 and MK3.5.

Have added other 6 for the front and 2 additional  for the back) changed PAM module, ABS sensors, interior switch and all works OK 🙂 so if somebody needs some help just ask.

Easiest way to find out if you have additional wire for the front is to check the PAM module in your boot if it has 3 connectors pluged. 2 yellow and one black. Like on this photo:

fbb888d379df5fb2med.jpg

i have this what you think 🙂 ohh looks like you might help me again mate 🙂 hope you can 😄

20180623_142703.jpg

1 hour ago, bronc said:

Did you need any wiring other than the wiring harness with the parking sensors for the front? I do have three connectors in the back of my trunk but not parking aid at all. I am planning on retrofitting rear parking aid but if the front doesn't require messing with the engine bay harness, I might add it as well. Oh, one more thing - why did you say that you had 4 sensors in the back but you added 2 more. Isn't the 4 sensors standard for both models with and without parking assist? 

I saw few cars with 6 on back 🙂

• 7 months later...

sorry for the bump.

I have the exact same as mastachaz (even the part namber of the PAM is the same).

@Bannko was yours the same as mastachaz's? I would like to add front sensors too, but only if I don't need extra harness  from the back to the front and extra module.

• 4 months later...

4 sensors on the back plus 2 for the blis system isn’t it? 

@Tommo17 no, 2 additional sensors are for automated parking.

Blis has separate radars hidden in the bumper. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

EDIT::  I shouldn't have revived this really - I'm going to continue my part of the discussion on Bannko's guide thread here:

• 2 years later...

On 6/29/2018 at 3:12 PM, Bannko said:

fbb888d379df5fb2med.jpg

Hi,

i have problem (Ford focus mk3 2014). My system think, that I have front sensor and still beeping? I have only rear. How to say(disconnect) the system, that I haven’t front sensor. Please let me write to lukas.vodenka@gmail.com. Thx. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club