Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GEARBOX reverse gear

cazzadee

Was wondering if anyone could help me get an estimate price of a new gearbox plus labour for a 1.6 ford fiesta 2011 ztec S diesel 

Me being an idiot tried to wheelspin in reverse when i heard a massive bang all other gears work except reverse (My stupid fault i know) any rough ideas would help thanks.

My uncle had to get his auto gearbox reconditioned which costed him a thousand pounds. As yours is manual I might be cheaper or the same getting a gearbox plus fitting. Might be cheaper seeing if you can get the reverse gear fixed rather than getting a new one all together  

Thanks for your feedback i havejust got two quotes for a gear box both £126 one seller seems really genuine the gearboxes are used but apparently been tested and still work fine, now just need to ask for the labour 

£126 for a replacement gearbox on a 6 year old car, sure that's right?  I would make sure there's some sort of warranty on it if possible.

Labour is likely to be around £250 at a garage.  I'd usually recommend changing the clutch at the same time as a gearbox but in your case it's probably not necessary although worth checking given your driving style lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club