Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pollen filter

F0CUE

OK I put my reg into euro car parts and as per usual more than one item is available for my car. For the MK2.5 petrol is it the Activated carbon or standard filter I need?

Thanks are they a pain to install? Does the glovebox actually need to come out?

They are a pain if you haven't done it before, but the glovebox doesn't need to come out...  I made a youtube vid last time I did mine.

They are a pain if you haven't done it before, but the gearbox doesn't need to come out...  I made a youtube vid last time I did mine.

gearbox?? i hope not. lol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, iantt said:

gearbox?? i hope not. lol

:laugh: Well that'll save me three hours next pollen filter change. :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

on my old 2008 focus use to take me about 45mins to change the pollen filter, glove box not a real problem to take out only an extra 5 screws to undo lol. takeing the filter out is always easier than trying to squeeze the new one back in. but once you have done a few you`ll soon get the hang of it :yahoo:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, iantt said:

45mins , dont you mean 4-5 mins?

cheeky :whip:

takes me 5 mins on current focus :laugh:

• Like 3

Did mine few mths ago. Activated carbon one and yeah hardest bit was putting new one in without bending it or ripping it. Not hard job just a faf wi removal of glove box n moving fuse box out of way for better access. Old one was a yr old and was filthy. Just shows the ***** they stop goin into the cabin. Lot of ppl forget them at service time. 

• Like 2

Yeah and easy DIY, really makes a difference to smells coming into the cabin. Once done once its a 5 minute job.

• Like 1

I have a 56 plate focus and its in need of the cabin filter changing but I'm not sure on which one can some one point me in the correct direction its a 2ltr tdci if that makes any difference.

Kind regards Adam 

1 hour ago, ace666 said:

I have a 56 plate focus and its in need of the cabin filter changing but I'm not sure on which one can some one point me in the correct direction its a 2ltr tdci if that makes any difference.

Kind regards Adam 

take a quick look one the eurocar parts site. it will list a few always go for the active carbon one. it costs a few pounds more than the standard filter.

507590087.jpg507590197.jpgstandard

On 30/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, iantt said:

45mins , dont you mean 4-5 mins?

1 minute i think your fasted quoted time was? :tongue:  Did mine the other day without moving anything - just squashed it out and squashed the new one back in!  Not sure i even dropped the fuse box (was on the mk3), think i might have to in the  other one.  Anyway Ian - I believe you now:yahoo: even if I am the only one ......:biggrin:

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

it will list a few always go for the active carbon one. it costs a few pounds more than the standard filter.

What's the difference between them mate?  

30 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

What's the difference between them mate?  

active has charcoal added to it so works even better . standard is just white thin and more flexi to squeeze in and out when replaceing. hope you followed the air flow arrow on the filter when you replaced yours matey so you put it in the correct way  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

active has charcoal added to it so works even better . standard is just white thin and more flexi to squeeze in and out when replaceing. hope you followed the air flow arrow on the filter when you replaced yours matey so you put it in the correct way  :rolleyes:

That's interesting.  I got the cheapy crossland one lol.  I've screwed up a few jobs since  I started DIY'ing but I'm pleased to say the pollen filter was not one of them, i got it in the right way :biggrin: but thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Cheap one is just pollen filter and more expensive is odour filter. The MK3 is alot easier than MK2/2.5.

Done mines and there was less than an inch space in between the fusebox metal cradle and the opening so I got annoyed and took out the glovebox and then unbolted the cradle and then it gave more space and was easier to see what to do. What a stupid place they put it I ended up all cuts and scrapes but got it in. The old one was black but not mouldy or anything. I found some old spillage that somebody had made in the glovebox that was under where it screws in so got all that cleaned up during the process  it took about 3 attempts to screw the glovebox back in cos each time some part was not right but guess you learn from doing it 😁 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Done mines and there was less than an inch space in between the fusebox metal cradle and the opening so I got annoyed and took out the glovebox and then unbolted the cradle and then it gave more space and was easier to see what to do. What a stupid place they put it I ended up all cuts and scrapes but got it in. The old one was black but not mouldy or anything. I found some old spillage that somebody had made in the glovebox that was under where it screws in so got all that cleaned up during the process  it took about 3 attempts to screw the glovebox back in cos each time some part was not right but guess you learn from doing it 😁 

well done on your 1st attempt you`ll find it gets easier over the next few years as you`ll know what your doing now :biggrin:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Well done mate.  Every job I've come to the second time has always been easier (except the time i stripped the sump plug lol).  Practice makes perfect as they say........

On 12/30/2017 at 12:49 PM, TomsFocus said:

Is this the one fitted as standard for Ford services? I've noticed the "Odor Filter Plus" as an added charge?

1 hour ago, Micro said:

Is this the one fitted as standard for Ford services? I've noticed the "Odor Filter Plus" as an added charge?

the one in the link is the odour filter plus. normal filter is just white