Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Plus 09 Diesel engine issue

error

hey ford owners,

The father of my girlfriend owns a Ford Focus Plus from 2009, I think it is a 1.6L Diesel engine.

He has an issue where the engine warning light comes on and he can't accelerate. Even overtaking a truck at 80kph is a problem.

I wanted to ask what the issue could be. Maybe some of you experienced the same thing.

I'm

trying to learn as much about cars and Fords especially as I own a Ford Fiesta now.

Hope you can answer my question.

best regards,

error

The MK2 Focus is a pretty solid car but the 1.6 TDCi engine has it's fair share of problems.  The favourite issue being that the filters in the oil feed pipe clog up and starve the turbo of oil.  It might be something a lot cheaper/simpler though, you really need to get the codes (DTC's) read to give you a starting point.  If you search the Forum for ELM cable you'll find plenty of posts with the links to a good quality cable and the free windows software for reading the codes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club