Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone experienced a throttle valve issue with the mk7/7.5 Fiesta Ecoboost?

BoopBoop

I have a 64 plate fiesta ecoboost 1.0 and im in the middle of trying to diagnose a rough sounding/misfiring/sometimes slow cranking engine. Replacing the coils/sparkplugs hasn't fixed the issue and I have been searching the internet for possible help.

I stumbled across this video:

and the problem this engine has sounds exactly like the issue with mine. In the above video, the owner said he fixed it by replacing the throttle valve. Its a long shot but I wanted to give this a try to see if it fixes the problem on my own car.

The car is only 3 years old and just out of warranty with just over 13,000 miles on it. It seems to me that a that is only a few years old and always serviced by ford shouldn't have issues yet. Is this just bad luck or have you found this issue with your car too?

I wanted to know if you own a similar model fiesta or are a mechanic, have you come across this problem before?

If it has a full dealer history you might qualify for a goodwill contribution from Ford.  Worth asking them the question.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club