Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone with genuine reverse camera please help...

liamstears

Hi all

Hope someone with a genuine fully functional reverse camera can help me out

Basically I'm aware of what and how it works etc sending an image to the screen and sending information to the BCM to control guidelines etc but what I don't know is if the guidelines are displayed on the screen coming directly from the camera through it's connection to the screen or if it's put on top of the image by the BCM

Basically I need someone to disconnect the green 4 pin camera plug from the back of their screen, stick it in reverse and see if guidelines come up and buttons still function??

Hope someone can help...

I think they would come from the camera,I'm having loads of problems with mine as it's packed in and 2nd one in 3 years but mine is the older one in the rear view mirror with the lines and genuine,I say camera as they say on eBay with reverse lines and cut wire or something if you don't want the lines,mine is pre- facelift 2011,I just want to get a cheap one but need to convert the genuine Ford connector,anyway good luck and hope you solve it.

Thanks for the reply

Need someone with a MK7.5 wired to display to test really

Have fit a camera and works perfect, went with aftermarket as its cheaper and easier to replace if it goes faulty

Wanted to try and add factory features though, wondered if I could use parts of a faulty camera to get moving lines etc on an aftermarket camera but can't test anything until I understand how it works a bit better, also need to source a camera but they are expensive so maybe someones old/faulty one to do some testing

Hopefully someone else will chime in...

13 hours ago, liamstears said:

Thanks for the reply

Need someone with a MK7.5 wired to display to test really

Have fit a camera and works perfect, went with aftermarket as its cheaper and easier to replace if it goes faulty

Wanted to try and add factory features though, wondered if I could use parts of a faulty camera to get moving lines etc on an aftermarket camera but can't test anything until I understand how it works a bit better, also need to source a camera but they are expensive so maybe someones old/faulty one to do some testing

Hopefully someone else will chime in...

There is a few on here with them,i would not of had one on if it wasn't already on the car when i had it so would like it working.

Im going down the after market one now as ford are stupid prices when they go wrong.

Sorry i cant help anymore.

• 5 weeks later...

I have retrofitted a genuine one to my car, the lines are there but they do not move with the steering as yet, as I am sure there is one wire I need to connect to the BCM to make this happen (not bothered me too much TBH), but the fact that they can move tells me they are overlaid and not on the camera. if I disconnect the camera the screen is black and says fault, no lines show.

I used my Genuine wires in the boot and fitted a aftermarket one,a total of £16.99 and work just as good as the Genuine one i had,not paying £200 for

a Genuine camera as mine packed in,got lines and stuff.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club