Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-Max 2.0tdci (D4204T) Camshaft Position Sensor location

juniorferg

Hi

I hauled through the forums and believe my problem is driven by a faulty 'Camshaft Position Sensor'. Problem no is I'm not sure where it is located on and don't really want to start pulling parts off looking for it and create more bother for myself.

Problem: Car showing engine fault and engine managment malfuntion warnings. Lack of power with no change after time, as if turbo was being held out or 'Safe Mode' type set-up. Car starts first time every time. I've already had the EGR valve changed and then Christmas happened meaning no mechanic until the New Year, being the unpatient person that I am, I went ahead and ordered the sensor, now you see my problem.

At the moment I'm awaiting a day off work to get some daylight to work in, hopefully the next day or two. Then its time to either remove the inlet manifold or the cambelt covers, with the later being the simpler of the two I think. So any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

the sensor is positioned right at the top of engine directly above the cam cover as such. should be one 8mm head bolt holding it in place easy enough to get out . but you need to remove the cam cover fitting the new sensor. the new sensor should have a small protusion that buts up to the back of the cam sprocket webs. that gives the correct clearance then pinch bolt up. the protrusion wears off.

• Like 1

Thanks I'll give it a whirl. Yeah garage read the codes, but to be honest I think they're at a bit of a loss, so I'm taking a shot in the dark while I wait for them to re-open in the New Year. Garage already changed out the EGR and its a little better than before ie not conking out, but still no power. The cam pos sensor seems to be a very common fail and the one thing sticking out the most in the forums as a fix for the issues the car is demonstrating.

Changed sensor no difference. Used the steering wheel hidden menu system and got these DTC codes:

F00616 = Supply voltage not within specified range

C42268 = Invalid data from body control module

9A8451 = Car configuration data system internal failures not programmed

C41568 = Invalid data from anti-lock braking system

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry to butt in, just wondering if you got sorted? I’ve got the DTC codes F00616 and C42268 from steering wheel self test and not sure where to start finding problem 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club