Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Terrible clattering noise on start up for 30 seconds

malcy33

Hi all and everyone has a happy new year. I have a 2010 focus 2.0 tdci manual. 55000 miles. Great runner but it has developed a terrible metallic clatter on start up. Have had it to two mechanics and both are lost as to what it is. Both said its not the DMF. I am totally lost as what to do. I recorded video of the noise but not sure how to upload it on here..After initial startup it runs perfect and done 4000 miles since 2 months ago without a problem even with this noise. Really fed up taking it to a workshop to be told they dont know. It only happens in the morning and worse when cold. Had a oil change two months ago also. Can someone please help on this issue as really dont want to get rid of it as i think its a great runner

I got the oil from the ford parts department at the time so it must have been i hope. I am trying to resize the video clip so you will be able to hear it. Thanks for the reply and hope to get the video clip up tonight