Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement key cost??

Legacy7770

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a second key for a 2013 focus zetec standard flip key. Does anyone know the cost of the key and programming. 

Yours sincerely Steve Evans 

If the procedure is the same as my mk1 you will need two keys with two unique codes to program more keys to the PATS.The process of configuration is described in your owners handbook.

I took one of the more expensive options because I wanted a Ford key 😀 then I took the blank key with remote to a local key cutter and programmer,cost around £200.I know it can be done for a lot cheaper.

I had a price from ford for My 2015 Focus of

key: £73

proggramming : £80

timpsons wanted £150

i only have one key for my car so these are the only options I have available.  I was going to ask if they could program a key when they are doing a service to try to reduce the £80 programming charge. 

The Focus MK3 has the latest generation of the Ford CODED PATS immobilizer system. To program a new transponder key for this system access to the web based Ford FRDS diagnostic system is required. Access to the key programming features of this system is limited to Ford employees and a selected number of professional independent users. 

The known INCODE/OUTCODE generators are not suitible for the latest generation of the Ford CODED PATS system. These INCODE/OUTCODE generators only work for the older generations of the Ford CODED PATS system.

Programming additional keys yourself by using the 2 original key method was only possible on the older Ford TIMED PATS system that was used on the focus MK1/MK1.5. From the Focus MK2 onwards Ford used the more advanced CODED PATS system. Keys of this system can only be programmed using a suitible diagnostic system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club