Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST-Line MPG

HappyJam

Hi all,

Wasn't sure which section to post this in...but thinking about it, my question is really all about the Focus.

Just wondering if anyone who has a focus st-line could tell me what configuration they have and what sort of MPG they get and what sort of journeys they do?

Reason I ask is I currently have a 2017 Fiesta ST-Line, which is great. However I've always really wanted a focus and still do. I'm looking potentially at a brand new Focus ST-Line but I'm wanting to know what sort of MPG I could be getting with it, compared to my current car. I do a lot of driving up and down the country so MPG can become quite important to me. Driving up north, really economically, I can get around 52mpg in my fiesta at the moment, and about 39-40 round town.

Thanks

I’ve got a 1.5 180 Ecoboost focus and frankly if it’s economy you want stay well away from this engine it’s shocking. I get 30mpg doing a 16 mile round trip to work and back all on main roads and bypass. On the motorway I’m lucky to get 40mpg at a steady 70mph. The engine has to be worked hard to get any progress out of the car as turbo doesn’t feel like it kicks in till 2000rpm at least and ford quoted that it kicks in at 1500rmp (it doesn’t). I’m comparing this to my Fiesta ST180 which was great compared to the Focus. I got 35-38mpg going to work and at a steady 70mph on the motorway I could get 46-50mpg easy. I don’t know how the 1.0l ecoboost engine does in the Focus but the 1.5l is not what I was expecting at all. Don’t get me wrong I like the car it’s nice to be in and drive but the 1.5 engine and gear box don’t work at all for me in the focus. The hole car just feels to heavy for the engine and gear set up. 

Hi, I have a 2.0 diesel 150 bhp ST Line with lots of optional extras. Cruise control. Drivers assistance pack, 18” wheels, Sat Nav, electric windows all round, rear parking sensors.

ive had it remapped by superchips as it’s the same engine as the diesel ST . 

Its a cracking car and now with its re map it’s a ball of fire, very quick car especially when it’s already moving , 3 rd gear overtakes is breath takingly rapid. 

As for economy ,it’s very very good, the tank with do on average 500 - 550 miles per tank.

on individual runs if I rest the average mpg, and say drive to work 22 miles all A roads it will be saying 64mpg when I get to work. The drive home brings it back to 60 mpg. 

The very very tall gearing helps, as it’s got a higher final drive than a ST diesel , this helps with the cruising on motorways. 

60 mph indicated on speedo equates to just 1500 rpm . 

The suspension is perfect , not too hard or soft, great road holding if you chuck it round the corners. 

It looks the part in my opinion , much cheaper than buying an ST and for the same performance once it’s remapped for £300. 

Had a look on Auto Trader and this is very much like mine with the optional extras on. Cruise control is a must I reckon on any car. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712061853912?maximum-badge-engine-size=2.0&price-from=12000&radius=1500&colour=Red&year-from=2016&transmission=Manual&postcode=sk103ld&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-to=17000&make=FORD&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.0&fuel-type=Diesel&model=FOCUS&page=1

It says Zetec S , but it is a ST Line. 

There's about 3 or 4 different engines to choose from on the ST-Line, which are you looking at?

As noted above the 1.5 isn't very economical, I had one for a year, and it did low 30s. I find the 1.0 more fun in the Focus, I don't know how they've set the 1.5 up, but it felt so lacking in any character. Plus the 1.0 is more economical, high 30s on short town journeys, mid 40s on a run.

My 2.0 TDCi Focus just seemed to do 38 MPG no matter how/where I drove it. :laugh:

• Haha 1

The 1.5 Ecoboost has been my daily driver for 2 years. 

During the breaking in period , stock, the car was thirstier than I expected. 

I originally blamed it on the fact that the break in was yet to be completed. 

Once I broke it in at 5000 km, I noted a slight change in consumption but the true savings were made on highways pretty much. As soon as I would get into town or traffic jams, the car would eat like Hulk. 

I gave it a stage 2 treatment and my consumption went up in town by 1.5-2 liters at times. On the highway it was respectable provided I would not change above 2500 rpm. 

If you are looking at low fuel consumption, Ecoboost is not the choice. 

Regarding the 1l mentioned above, i drive 3-5 times a week and i can tell you it is not economical as per your standards. As soon as you need it to move you rev the little monster and then it eats the tank :D

Mines the 1.0L 125ps 4000mls and I only drive around town and it holds at 37.3mpg. It has gone down a bit now due to the colder weather.

• 1 year later...

Hi - I'm looking to buy an 18 plate 1.0 litre focus st line.  Will be doing approx 80 mile per day (mainly motorway).  Can anyone please advise fuel consumption expected.

I have a 2.0 st ecoboost petrol and it’s currently sitting on 29.4mpg which ain’t bad for what it is. Now I’m not a little boy racer at 38 but when I’m on my own I do like to have my fun, I was very very surprised just how easy on fuel it can be with even just a little manners. I done a 70mile round trip yesterday with wife and 2 kids and the petrol hand hardly moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club