Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2018 focus

H8XME

Hi all

Does any body have any info on when the new 2018 focus will be sold? As il be looking to trade up. 

Cheers

Spring time I believe. 

It hasn't even been announced yet.

Probably be shown off at Geneva, with order books open in summer for deliveries end of the year.

Dam, I wanted to upgrade to a st3* but if the new car is around the corner it's worth waiting for, but I doubt the St models will be released with the normal models? 

8 minutes ago, H8XME said:

Dam, I wanted to upgrade to a st3* but if the new car is around the corner it's worth waiting for, but I doubt the St models will be released with the normal models? 

Doubt the ST will be available until middle of next year at the earliest. 

• Like 1

Yeah just taking the Fiesta as an example. 

The normal models were announced Nov 16 and for order March 17 and deliveries from summer 17. The ST was announced Feb 17 and still isn't available to order yet. So first deliveries of the ST will be at least 18 months after the main models were announced. 

So I'd expect Focus to be much the same. It will probably be announced at Geneva, with ST models available to order Spring 2019 for summer delivery. 

The MK3 Focus ST was about a year after the normal models. Even the facelift was 6 months behind. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, may be an other St line it is then. It's a shame all the models can't be released at the same time. 

Leaked information from Ford and info on Ford Etis suggests that the available Petrol engines at the introduction of the Focus MK4 will all be 3-cilinder Petrol engines.

Next to the well known 100 HP and 125 HP 1.0 ECOboost there will be an all new 120 HP 1.5 Duratec 3-cilinder engine and an all new 150 HP 1.5 ECOboost 3-cilinder engine. I expect the new 1.5 ECOboost to also be available in a more powerful version at a later date.

I suspect that the naturally aspirated 120 HP 1.5 Duratec engine will only be available for markets where the 1.0 ECOboost is not available.

Until now I did not found any information about the MK4 Diesel engines yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Leaked information from Ford and info on Ford Etis suggests that the available Petrol engines at the introduction of the Focus MK4 will all be 3-cilinder Petrol engines.

Next to the well known 100 HP and 125 HP 1.0 ECOboost there will be an all new 120 HP 1.5 Duratec 3-cilinder engine and an all new 150 HP 1.5 ECOboost 3-cilinder engine. I expect the new 1.5 ECOboost to also be available in a more powerful version at a later date.

I suspect that the naturally aspirated 120 HP 1.5 Duratec engine will only be available for markets where the 1.0 ECOboost is not available.

Until now I did not found any information about the MK4 Diesel engines yet.

Yeah makes sense they'd use the new 1.5 ecoboosts announced for the ST. 

No doubt all will launch with cylinder deactivation too as it's supposed to be added to the Fiesta 1.0 soon. 

• Like 1

The new 1.5 will be 3 pots? So hopefully these will come with the 2018 model then. 

Just now, H8XME said:

The new 1.5 will be 3 pots? So hopefully these will come with the 2018 model then. 

Yeah it should be the same engine announced for the Fiesta ST, just lower state of tune.

It's got Ford's dual fuel injection technology, so has both port and direct injectors. It also has cylinder deactivation so on light throttle it will shut the valves to one cylinder and effectively be running as. 1.0 2 pot. 

Also has a GPF, although that won't have the same issues as DPFs as petrol exhausts run hotter and produce far less soot.

Wow, quite interesting that they did two 1,5l engines in such a short time 4 cyl and 3 cyl.

I wonder why they did not just stay with 4 cyl engine since it is pretty new design and has many new features the same as 3 pot 1L engine. It is clearly up to date/new and not an old design.

1 minute ago, Tonis_T said:

Wow, quite interesting that they did two 1,5l engines in such a short time 4 cyl and 3 cyl.

I wonder why they did not just stay with 4 cyl engine since it is pretty new design and has many new features the same as 3 pot 1L engine. It is clearly up to date/new and not an old design.

The 1.5 4 pot isn't all that new. It's a shrink of the 1.6 to meet Chinese tax regulations. They slapped a few upgrades on it, but the 1.5 3 pot is a from the ground up engine, taking what they developed from the 1.0. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

To be fair, I think we'll see the new Mondeo before we see the Focus.

If you check out https://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/?gnav=header-all-vehicles the new Fusion which is our Mondeo is already in production..

That's only a facelift. We're not getting it here I don't think. 

21 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

To be fair, I think we'll see the new Mondeo before we see the Focus.

If you check out https://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/?gnav=header-all-vehicles the new Fusion which is our Mondeo is already in production..

Hopefully they'll fix the crappy black centre console plastics when the Mondy gets facelifted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club