Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heat shield biting my Fiesta 1.0l Ecoboost turbo coolant pipe

Jeipii

Hi,

I bough a used Fiesta with 125bhp Ecoboost couple of months ago. Since I'm aware that the engine can get destroyed in a case of coolant loss I decided to have a closer look at it today. I noticed that the coolant hose that is going from turbo to the radiator has been worn out a bit by the heat shield that is protecting it. The head shield has bitten 1-2 mm into the hose and I see that it might potentially cause a slow coolant leak. For now I haven't lost any coolant but since these engines seem to need a proper cooling all the time I'm a bit worried of these kind of small imperfections in the cooling system. Im going to get my hose changed asap.

Below is a picture of the hose and the heat shield.

jaahdytysletku_fiesta.jpeg

I would be worried. as you know the reputation of these engines for self destruction when coolant leaks. don't take any chances

Any engine goes south right quick if it drops its coolant.  Get that pipe replaced.

If that's the coolant pipe that fits into the turbo you'll not be able to order it without buying a whole turbo from Ford anyway.

it's the rubber hose that needs doing, not the metal pipe

Ha ha in that case you'll be fine to get the part from Ford. 

Might be able to get it replaced under warranty as it looks like it was assembled that way. 

When I saw this post I had a look at mine. Same problem. Contacted Ford Main agent in Exeter (Vospers) as still in warranty , just. Very quickly booked in and hose replaced under warranty. The heat shield looks different and is better finished at the ends. Good service from Vospers. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club