Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus headlights

cem1965

Hi all i have just bought some new headlights from kba car parts these lights, but they are for hid only and have a square cut out at the bottom, i was just wondering what this is for and can anyone tell me were i can get a couple of blanking plate for the bottom of the lights.

Also please can anyone also tell me if i need to do anthing to the wireing as these only take D1S HID bulbs and i am changing them form the standard halagen type light.

Thanks for any help realy appresiated.Focus 2008-2011 Headlamp chrome HID type L/H Passenger side

The square cutouts are for the original HID ballasts. There are no blanking plates available for these cutouts. If you want to blank them you have to make the blanking plates yourself.

These lights are not suitible for halogen light bulbs. There are no halogen bulbs that are a direct fit into the D1S projectors of these headlights.

Also be aware that the Focus MK2.5 HID lights have different height adjustment motors. The height adjustment motors of the HID headlights are not suitible for the manual (electric) height control system of the halogen headlights. The height adjustment motors are fully integrated into the headlight housing and can not be replaced (halogen height adjustment motors do not even fit inside these headlights). When installing these headlights you will loose the manual (electric) height control. 

These headlights are basically just aftermarket replacement shells for the OEM HID headlights. If you want to use these headlights you should install the original HID ballasts, HID lights and autolevelling system. Every other setup will require major modifications to make them even work.

• Like 2

I would say the square will be for the ballast to convert the power for the hid there is guide to retrofit hid lights if that's not what you want then I would send back and get the cheaper halogen ones 

Hi thanks for your reply,

I dont think they are D1S bulbs ether because i have had a look on the back and they have 3 square cut outs on the top of the bulb and 1 square cut out in the middle at the bottom i don't know what type of bulb they are or were to get them.here is a picture.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

IMG_20180103_204807.jpg

IMG_20180103_204920.jpg

There are a number of rules in relation to the fitment of HID lights. For instance did you know that depending on what country you drive in, and the heat output of the light, there is a requirement to have fitted headlamp washers. If I am correct this is a requirement in this country too. Apparently as they run hot road dirt sticks to them like glue. Secondly they need self levelling motors. manual levelling is not allowed. On my previous Focus 2012 I used the auto light feature and each time they came on you could see that they self levelled.

While the HID conversion kits are legal to sell, they are not legal to use.

Incidentally, my Mondeo has those adaptive headlights and is not fitted with headlamp washers as it is no longer a requirement because the LEDs run cooler. They give good output but are not as 'bright' as my Focus HID lights were.

I found HID lighting at night had too much of a cut off and on country roads it meant I had to use full beam a lot more, unlike halogen light which spilled out a little further.

Personally I get irritated by the number of poorly adjusted lights, those that think it is a good idea to put 100W bulbs in and 4x4's with headlights that can let you read a book a mile away.

I have heard that the rules on headlights will be tightened up over the next year or two and additional checks will be added to the MOT. Chances are it will take longer than that.

The bottom line is that any MOD to your car can invalidate your insurance if you haven't declared them. If you are a younger driver Insurance Companies love to find a get out of paying clause.

• Like 1

thanks agan for your reply, but these lights are EU approved and legal to use on this car.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, cem1965 said:

thanks agan for your reply, but these lights are EU approved and legal to use on this car.

But only if fitted correctly, with levelling and washers.

• Like 3