Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Mondy cutting out - not the usual!

bobrick42

At a loss what to do with the Mondy..

55 plate 2.0 TDCi 130PS, 6 speed, 138K on the clock, full service history and one previous owner..

She's started cutting out with the flashing glow plug light when setting off from lights etc, then needs cranking over for a good 30 seconds to get her going again..

So far I have changed cam & crank sensors, changed fuel filter (Delphi unit fitted, checked the old one and no particles found), blanked EGR, unblanked and replaced EGR, checked all fuel lines for leaks, injector leak off test shows injectors are fine and the F-Super can't find any stored codes.. which is odd as I thought the flashing glow plug light was an indicator of a code being stored.. unrelated, but the DMF was changed at 130K.. she has the irritating aux tensioner rattle but other than that she's been problem free for the last 3 years..

I will add, she never does it when actually driving. My 'spare' Mondy has the dreaded P0251 with two goosed injectors so I'm well used to the limp mode/cut out scenario under load on the motorway etc.. current one pulls like a train in all gears with no turbo lag, happily sits at 80mph down the M1 for hours without fault.. 

I'm sure I must be missing something, anyone any ideas?

Are you doing a leak-off test correctly...

2 mins at idle followed by

30 secs at 3k revs

30 secs at idle,

30 secs at 3k revs

30 secs at idle,

30 secs at 3k revs

30 secs at idle

30ml max in bottle.

I've just read a post on here where the OP also had no fault code until he took his reader with him on a drive and read the code immediately it faulted....is that possible with you? 

Yep, leak off test done correctly.. 

Have had the laptop on the passenger seat recording live data, absolutely nothing comes up when she pops..

The best way I can describe the issue is a stall as if you were setting off in the wrong gear.. not that there is a wrong gear in the Mondy, it'll happily go in 3rd if you're really not paying attention.. 

I did wonder at first if it was an issue with the new clutch, although I'm reasonably certain it isn't as putting on more or less revs doesn't make any difference..